Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
starting to kick my self here for paying 8,300 dollers for a sled and now its going to f-in rain in the first week of feburary here in michigan ,havent rode in a week now , but i know if i didnt have a sled we would end up with a bunch of snow and i would be crying so you cant ever win!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I hear ya man. But if it snowed all the time we might get sick of riding, and that would suck too. Nevermind. That was a stupid thing to say. I dont know why I would say something like that.

At least we have our buddies on DooTalk to console us during these snowless times. This too shall pass!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Same here, I have a little over 900 miles for the season so far but it feels like I 0 miles?

·
Registered
17 Posts
honkydog said:
I hear ya man. But if it snowed all the time we might get sick of riding, and that would suck too. Nevermind. That was a stupid thing to say. I dont know why I would say something like that.

At least we have our buddies on DooTalk to console us during these snowless times. This too shall pass!
[snapback]299078[/snapback]​
I am in need of some consoling! I ride in northern WI and we have only had one decent storm this year, and all of that is practically gone. I dont think that there will be much riding this weekend! BUMMER. I guess all we can do is pray for some snow....and yes that was a stupid thing to say. There can never be to much snow! lol

·
Shoooow meeee the POWDER!!
3,849 Posts
Yeah, these warm temps do SUCK....but hey want can you do? That's why we have DooTalk. I agree, paying $9000 for something sucks when you can't use it...but when you can use it, you need to take advantage of it. I've tried to get my use out of mine so far this season. I've got 1,330 miles on mine so far and I live in SE Michigan, but I trailer to the UP alot. I'm heading to the west UP in 2 weeks, hopefully they get more snow by then! These are also the times when I go through my trips pics and remember the fun I had when riding....sigh......

Taken a few weeks ago, near Paradise, MI

My buddy stuck on his '03 Gade

Click on my Gallery link to see more of my trip pics if you'd like....

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have 2 trips to the U.P. in, First trip we got rained on 12-30-04, second trip was awesome. So far my sled has 2,500 miles on it, 2000 of the miles were behind my truck, in the trailer.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
SDrev8HO said:
starting to kick my self here for paying 8,300 dollers for a sled and now its going to f-in rain in the first week of feburary here in michigan ,havent rode in a week now , but i know if i didnt have a sled we would end up with a bunch of snow and i would be crying so you cant ever win!
[snapback]299044[/snapback]​
Same thing in Ontario as well...above freezing expected this weekend. Haven't had a real decent storm since December. I think I should have bought that ATV instead of the sled this year. Oh Well, maybe things will get 'whiter' soon?

·
Registered
565 Posts
280 miles this year. Thats it. Pathetic !! 275 miles on my 03 REV 800....5 miles getting towed back to the cabin with a seized engine.

Rode 2400 miles last winter on my 96 Formula SS 670.......go figure.

·
Registered
114 Posts
VERY POOR SEASON HERE IN VERMONT LESS THAT 500 MILES THIS YEAR
ROAD OVER 3000 LAST YEAR WILL BE LUCKY TO GET HALF THAT THIS YEAR?

·
Registered
392 Posts
MAN, I'm sooooooo glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Here I thought that I was the only one with just a few miles on this year.... I only rode 300 miles this year. AND worst of it, I crashed and its in the shop for repairs.......won't be out till late next week......... :-(

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
I feel your pain. Our snow is melting away each day. It was mid 40's today. I have my sled listed on ebay. It is a sad day. Should have bought an ATV

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I was supose to be riding right now in northern Michigan. I cancelled because it is 42 degees today and 47 tomarrow and warmer on sunday.

·
Registered
411 Posts
dirt said:
I guess you have to be an optimist to own a snowmobile! It's going to snow next week right?
[snapback]299637[/snapback]​
i think you just have to be crazy. i mean i live in southern wisconsin (milwaukee) and ive clocked in 1855 miles this year. however absoulutley positively every single time I get a day of a drop everything and keep driving north until find snow. ive been putting a ton of miles on my truck but i figure im going to be out of snow for good in about month and then im done agian for over nine months.

but hey after the snow melts and the ice clears off the lakes i get to bust out the sea-doo rxp and enjoy another summer of flying by everything else on the water. so i guess at least its not all bad.

·
Registered
40 Posts
guys come on i live in illinois 8 hours from riding
i have 2000 miles this season lets not expect unexpected things

·
Registered
225 Posts
Hey Doo guys! I live in central Maine where it's in the 40's with little snow. Boy have the winters changed here in the last 10-15 yrs

·
Registered
298 Posts
Actually this year in S. WI has been the best in many years. We have had 2 big storms, both over 11 inches, in the last month. It is all about gone now, but at least we could ride down here for once.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts