Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres my issue.. my reverse works fine then I drive awhile after it heats up and then does NOT work. I tap on the actuator and it works...Now I bought 2 new 30amp relays and I will put them in. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue??? Would this be a actuator issue? An adjustment issue?? Just some thoughts. I Love this forum

·
Registered
195 Posts
Had this happen to mine. I removed actuator (4 bolts) to see the internal workings and then reinstalled and its been working ever since. Maybe an alignment issue? Very important note though!....It was very hard to reinstall due to magnet in actuator. Next time I would just loosen bolts a bit and just realign. Worth a try. Good luck!

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had this problem for the first time last weekend. Changed relays, checked fuse, pulled back secondary. Nothing worked. Drove over to the local dealer, Lakeland Power Sports in Woodruff, WI. Service Technician instantly fixed it with a few light taps with a hammer to the electric motor. Said it was probably frozen condensation. Think he had seen this before. Thumbs up to this dealer.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had this problem for the first time last weekend. Changed relays, checked fuse, pulled back secondary. Nothing worked. Drove over to the local dealer, Lakeland Power Sports in Woodruff, WI. Service Technician instantly fixed it with a few light taps with a hammer to the electric motor. Said it was probably frozen condensation. Think he had seen this before. Thumbs up to this dealer.
It will happen again...mine does

·
Registered
2018 MXZX 850 / 2011 MXZX 800 etec
1,527 Posts
These reverse issues are ridiculous !!!
My wife's 900 has been the most troublesome sled I've ever owned. Reverse started acting up on our first 500 mile trip.
You can replace every part that you are told to do here on dootalk and guess what you'll have to do it again shortly after.
I cringe every time she uses it hoping it don't get stuck in reverse. It has happened 75 miles from the cabin I had remove the armature cover and manually spin it to get it to go forward.
Tapping the actuator and it starts to work you might as well replace it. I'm on number 3.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just getting tired of I these stupid problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts