Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had decided on heading up for a 1 night and ridding for part of Saturday if they had anything left to ride on. The woman who answered the phone at the hotel said not to bother coming. She said it's poring and the little snow they had is slush at best. She said that their economy is suffering and as much as she would like to have us up, we shouldn't waste our time and money.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I'm sure you have heard from everyone who cares that it has been the worst winter in 56 years, or was it 59 years! What a major bummer this season has been, I was up in the 'burg last Saturday and it was the best day of the season so far and it was only a 4-5 out of a 10.

A bunch of buddies went up for their annual Rangeley trip the first week in February and they were saved as it had snowed 6" the day they got there/Sunday, and another 6" on Tuesday night, and it still wasn't all that great, they had to settle for doing 40 mile loops around back to Rangeley as the trail to the 'burg stunk and no one could get up to Eustis or Stratton or anywhere, and now it is only worse, the RLSC has been saying it has been poor for weeks on end.

I was going to go up the the 'burg again on Saturday but with the past 3 days worth of melting, we'd only be riding on frozen mud and dirt, what a mess! Those poor people up there, the motels are empty, the gas stations are empty, it is just a bad year all over up north. The only good thing is that the sled will not get the usual 2,500 miles in a season, I'm only up to about 500 so far, and all the money I've been saving, woo-hoo!

·
Monosodium Glutamate
2,663 Posts
gsxy said:
We had decided on heading up for a 1 night and ridding for part of Saturday if they had anything left to ride on. The woman who answered the phone at the hotel said not to bother coming. She said it's poring and the little snow they had is slush at best. She said that their economy is suffering and as much as she would like to have us up, we shouldn't waste our time and money.
[snapback]721319[/snapback]​
Well, at least you did your homework. It would be a long drive for you to get up there and not be able to ride.

It's been a horrible season in Maine this year.

·
planes take off against the wind
15,035 Posts
NO - NO they dont...

stay home...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Go to Fort Kent, Me. Im heading up with a buddy next friday, been hearing there is some good ridiing up there. Long ride, but it will be worth it...

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
00mxz said:
OH YEAH NEVERMIND ALL THE SNOW JUST MELTED IN MICHIGAN SORRY I FORGOT

[snapback]721502[/snapback]​
That's alright, if this keeps up, I'll be sitting around the camp fire having a few cocktails while you sit inside and watch the mud dry out!

·
Registered
187 Posts
gsxy said:
[snapback]721319[/snapback]​
At least she was truthful with you. Last year a called the motel that we were staying at in Twin Mtn,NH and the owner said he didn't know how the conditions were and I replied with is there snow on the ground?? He said he couldn't tell from where he was sitting. I can understand that if he said no, we might not go up but I would of said, there is snow on the ground but I haven't heard how the trails are. We can always trailer to Pittsburg. I really wanted to punch him in face. I've heard stories about the Forks in ME too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts