Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
41 - 60 of 100 Posts

Registered
With all due respect I couldn鈥檛 disagree more. Every year they keep getting a little better. And if you want a good quality compact tractor. Forget about John Deere and get a Kubota.
Sorry I鈥檓 not talking the little stuff I鈥檓 talking about the stuff that feeds 75% of the population, eventually you鈥檒l see it too

Registered
I guess I'm about as yellow as they come. Main reason was when I was younger their wasn't a Poo dealer by us. My dad bought a 67 Silverline T-Bird during the blizzard of 67 from a guy that was a friend of his that was also a part time salesman at a dealership. Where we live there was a Doo dealer about s mile away they I would walk to all the time and check out the sleds. I was hooked from riding/driving the 67 that I saved my paper route money to by my first very own new sled, a 71 Elan. The only other dealers close by us was a Chappy dealer and a Sno Jet, later on there was a Cat and Rupp dealer, but already had the Elan. Well since they were the closest, I stayed with them. I have had other brands of sleds, but they were included in a Doo that I bought, they were quickly sold. In all honestly if Doo would not sale sleds, I'd be on a Poo, but in the meantime I'll stick with Doo. Does Lynx count? LOL

Reactions: MX-Z Man

Registered
21 MXZ XRS 850
Never owned a Poo. I started on Yami's in 1978 then a John Deere Sportfire(great fun) then Cats until I saw the light in 1997. Been yellow ever since. I have way to much Doo specific items to switch brands now.

Registered
Had 1 Polaris Axys, handled like it was on rails, point and shoot very light steering. For the way I ride I like the features, Oil and Fuel consumption of the Doo. Hopefully the 900R does not disappoint! Have also had Cats (4) and Yamahas (2) but that was 70's & 80's.

Registered
I started on a 98 Indy Trail then a 2003 Supersport 550 in black graphics package which I loved then a bunch of XCSP 600's in various pkgs followed by a 2006 Fusion 600 which wasn't bad but steered heavy & needed some loving with a few recalls then the 07 IQ 600 LX 128. They all have me miles of smiles & were affordable. I switched in 2012 with a MXZ TnT. Would love to try a 650 Matrix in 129.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Registered
1987 lndy Trail
1990 lndy 650
1996 lndy 500
1997 600 XC
1999 500 XC
2000 500 XC

All great sleds except for the '99 and '00. Chassis were good but the running quality of the engines were horrible.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hockeypuck

Registered
I had one Polaris in the 41 years I've been riding and that was only because it was given to me. It has moved on to the next guy. But no doubt if I wasn't Doo through and through, I'd have no problem with a Polaris. I had a couple Enticers back in the 80s, and a 79 Exciter. Wish I still had my 78 ET250! Great, fun sled. Had a 83 Sprintfire too. Never had a Cat, but I did ride a friend's brand spanking new 79 or 80 Jag 340 back in the day. I Almost rolled it with 2 miles on the odometer, LOL. Great memories. The look on my friends face was priceless. Oh Dave,...where are you now?

Reactions: Hockeypuck

Registered
AMF,Cat, Yamaha and a long line of Doo. Now the wife was Yamaha and Doo until rider forward, it's hard on short girls. She went with a Indy 340 and just sold it for the 2017 550f that she loves.
Might be a Polaris next time around for me but I have another season on the MXZ to think about it.

Registered
never owned a sled but had three for work duties. Little 340's, super good on gas and ultra reliable. My elderly mother is a "polaris" fan and finally made the switch to doo 2 years ago (no 4 stroke polaris)

Have a 500 HO sportman, got for 500 bucks, (it was left out behind a shed for few years by owner). Garbage ATV but cheap and easy to fix. Would not buy Polaris ATV new.

Reactions: extreme06

Registered
Had a 96 indy trail for years that ran perfect, but after I bought a 99 mxz 600 it's been all doos for me

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Registered
95 rxl
97 xcr 440
98 xcr 440
97 storm
98 xlt
97 storm
94 storm
97 488 2 up
A few 95-99 xlt鈥檚 too
01 xc 800
02 xc 600
97 storm again
Several ultras
A true 97 xc700 twin and several 98鈥檚
A few more xcr鈥檚 600 and 440鈥檚

i have a Achilles heel for the xcr 440鈥檚
I鈥檝e had bad crashes with most of them, started one on fire, came close to being a one nut after a ditch and a handle bar hook breaking off in the 鈥渟ection鈥 of life that hurts the most. Meet my first red head on one, probably the best reason not to own one anymore in my opinion
I had a very small inheritance from my grandmother once that I used to buy one onetime.
I love the xcr 440鈥檚. They just hate me
I have a standing very good offer to my first one that i owned . i tracked it down last year. The guy says he鈥檒l part with it once his grandkids are done with it

Registered
1994 polaris super sport

1999 polaris xcf sp

I still have the xcf its still one of funnest sleds ever most people think its a 600 until i pop the hood lol an see its a case reed 440 fan. I grew up on polaris an arctic cat.

But i allways have had a soft spot for ski doos i allways thought there colors an sled designs were super cool.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Registered
What disgusts me about Polaris are the magazine people how Polaris is the greatest in articles yet if there was one in your group you knew the issues and next year magazines said only one thing changed in Polaris that is "everything" it started all over again the greatest. No magazines anymore for me

Registered
Owned a 94 XLT SKS. When it ran, it was a very fun machine. Problem was, I was always chasing something wrong with it. Sold it for less than $500 a few (6-7) years ago.

Owned a Polaris Sportsman 425, we still use this one up at our cabin, but I wasn't a fan of it after my son shattered one of the CV joints and I compared the Polaris to a Suzuki Quadrunner 250 axels and CV joints. The Suzuki was much more robust. Looking at the rest of the Sportsman, I noticed that most of the frame was just pressed metal. Pretty flimsy. And still weighed more than my King Quad.

My son had a 440 XCF and the thing spent more time in the shop than on the snow. Pretty frustrating.

Registered
I owned an early Edge chassis - 2001 to be exact - with a Fox clicker in the rear even though it was a 550 Fan. Bought it for $1k in 2011 and sold it for $750 in 2016. Served as a backup sled - it was a blast to ride on local trails - felt like a slot car in the turns.

We see a lot of riders who come up from PA and NJ where my camp is - once or twice per year riders - over 50% are on 90s Polaris sleds that are still in great shape鈥 testament to how Polaris owned the 90s with a great chassis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 100 Posts