Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Started out on Poo from riding my parents early 90’s models to ordering my first ‘97-‘98 Indy 500 and ran a few more until my new ‘05 Confusion 900. Then had a ‘06 Yamaha Apex for 2 years which it disappointed with dependability so in ‘08 bought my first Skidoo 600 sdi Renegade. Been all Doo since. Never had a Cat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Never owned a Polaris, Arctic Cat, or Yamaha.... There I fixed it....

Although, if I had to I would buy a Polaris.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Had many Polaris' (Polari?) over the years, no regrets. In the '90's they seemed superior so in the '00s that's what we rode as I almost always bought used. Indy 500 liquids and a couple XLTs. Also owned Yamaha's, grew up on Enticers and then had Vectors later on.

Never had a full sized Cat though. The only Cats I ever drooled on were the ZRTs. Badass looking sleds.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Thanks, will keep that in mind, but no issues yet. I get her out on the trails occasionally and usually get some thumbs up. It’s quick for an old sled, just can’t get past a gas station. Someone mentioned Cats, I had a new ZRT in 97, it was a leftover 96 and had all the updates done ( my neighbour was the mechanic at the dealer). It was great, had zero issues and used to eat my riding buddies F3 every chance I got.

·
Super Moderator
29,369 Posts
Those XC 700s were silly fast back in the day. Poo had a winner with that one.

·
Registered
600 Posts
One Yama, the rest Doo's. First sled was a SRX 700 triple/triple.
Go figure. I was hooked on snowmobiles.

·
Registered
57 Posts
never owned a Polaris, but wasn't opposed to it. I would have snowchecked one this year, but the prices were substantially higher than the SkiDoo I ordered. Had a 76 El Tigre 5000, an 89 Yamaha Exciter, a 93 Mach 1 670, a 95 Mach 1 670 and latest is a 04 MXZX 800. Waiting patiently like a good boy for my 22 Renegade X 850.

When I was younger, my dad had a Wildcat 650 and our neighbor has the badass Indy 650 triple. While the wildcat was an awesome sled (and I love green), I couldnt get over the sound of that Polaris triple.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
My first sled was a 96 XCR 600 sp, triple triple. Was jetted pig rich from factory. When tuned properly, that thing was a sweet sounding beast on the lakes at 90 mph. Plenty of legs left. Brother in law turned it into a scrap pile when he missed a turn and went into the woods. I have a 15 Switchback axys now and have a VR1 650 ordered. Love my 850 Doo though, wish it handled like the poos!

·
Registered
2022 Ski Doo Renegade XRS 900 TurboR
373 Posts
Don't own stock in any of these companies so I have no brand loyalty. I ride what I like at the time, currently Ski Doo. I"ve had a lot of brands over the almost 50 years of riding I've done. Back before it was only 4 brands.

·
Registered
9,903 Posts
I rode 9 different Polaris from 1994 to 2009. Some were great, others not so much. Bought a 2011 800 MXZX and have been on Doos ever since.
Yep, that was pretty much my experience to. With Polaris your odds seem to be about 50/50 which is why I'm still on a Doo.

I had 4 of them, well 5 if I count my vintage water sled. The FUJI powered sleds were rock solid reliable, the domestic ones were hit & miss. Still much better odds than Cat where you're almost guaranteed to get a lemon that's going to need lots of attention.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Had a bullet proof 92 indy 500. Couldn't kill it. Then in 2004 Brand new 700 Polaris atv... lifted.... can't keep drive axles in them. Got tired of repairing it. Turned wrenches more than turning tires. Never again. Lots of skidoos over the years. Think I'll stick with what has worked for me.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
I never had any interest in Polaris sleds but then somewhere around 2015 I tried a 2010 Rush and it was way more fun and easier to ride than my XP. I've gone back and forth since then but next season is going to rock since my buddy and I both picked up used 840's this spring.

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Owed about 10 poos and 20 doos and various others, imho they are all declining in design and qc, even rock solid John Deere is loosing it to some degree

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Owed about 10 poos and 20 doos and various others, imho they are all declining in design and qc, even rock solid John Deere is loosing it to some degree
With all due respect I couldn’t disagree more. Every year they keep getting a little better. And if you want a good quality compact tractor. Forget about John Deere and get a Kubota.

·
Registered
2021 BC XRS
7,508 Posts
I never had any interest in Polaris sleds but then somewhere around 2015 I tried a 2010 Rush and it was way more fun and easier to ride than my XP. I've gone back and forth since then but next season is going to rock since my buddy and I both picked up used 840's this spring.
Hopefully you've got at least 1 bud with a Doo and a tow rope 😉

21 - 40 of 100 Posts