Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

i have a 97 form z clutch

262 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  SNNNowCrazy 
#1 ·
my sled revs up but dosn't go, it seems the drive clutch dosn't have enough side pressure i got the clutch used but put all old parts in it. if im stopped on a hill and punch it it's really bad the motor just fans up like the clutch has oil on it or something. once i get going it seems fine. the revs ect all seem ok. when my giflfriend rides it she always eases on the gas real slow and the thing just sits there burning the belt, you got to punch it to reduce belt slippage any ideas? thanks

#5 ·
ok ok not all old parts, but i can't figure this out. i'll have to check the belt # to make sure like i said from a stop it slips the belt to much any help? it's like a car with a bad clutch that slips. i had a couple "gear head buddies" ride it they don't know. what controls the belt side tension at take off???????????????????????

#6 ·
Belt deflection controls how the sled takes off. Sounds like there's too much deflection, or it's the wrong belt (too long). You adjust deflection using the three allen bolts near the center of the secondary clutch.

Do a search for belt deflection, you should find a bunch of posts about it.

#8 ·
Check the spring tension in the secondary clutch too.. it might be too weak soo its not returning back too the top all the way ... Mine did that when i hit the powder when i needed low end .. just slipped... Found weak spring was my problem..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.