Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hold It Wide Open Till You See God
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
95 on pto and 105 on mag.
Thank god its like minus 40 and didn't feel like riding this weekend anyway.
May as well go ice drinking, I mean ice fishing.
Oh hell........I'm just going to drink.
Here's one to all who are broken down.

Alex

·
Registered
165 Posts
alexd said:

Alex
[snapback]267637[/snapback]​
how many miles did it have on it ?

·
Registered
486 Posts
299.00 cudney coated pistons with chrome rings use them the ceramic on top wil run 200 deg cooler heat in the the chamber not in the piston where it robs power and kills rings..you could pay 129.00 for cudneys rings but why when you can have a good coated piston.dont forget to heat cycle 3 times before riding....piston has to break in

·
Hold It Wide Open Till You See God
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info!
Still drinkin!

Alex

·
Registered
86 Posts
I feel your pain. Mine has been redone 3 times now in 4500 miles. I can drive to action power with my eyes closed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Darren71 said:
299.00 cudney coated pistons with chrome rings use them the ceramic on top wil run 200 deg cooler heat in the the chamber not in the piston where it robs power and kills rings..you could pay 129.00 for cudneys rings but why when you can have a good coated piston.dont forget to heat cycle 3 times before riding....piston has to break in
[snapback]267729[/snapback]​
what does a heat cycle all consist of? get it hot, shut it down cool off, and do it again 2 more times? i have the same pistons in my 800(cudney) just got er togeather last night warmed it up on the stand and rode it up and down my drive way(800 total feet) i never got on it hard though just eased into the throttle a few times and pulled it into tthe shop. did i just screw myself or will it be ok? it sure sounded good...

G

·
alexd said:

Alex
[snapback]267637[/snapback]​
Welcome to the club. Sucks don't it. What made you check your compression ?

·
Registered
262 Posts
brokenstubs said:
Darren71 said:
[snapback]267729[/snapback]​
what does a heat cycle all consist of? get it hot, shut it down cool off, and do it again 2 more times? i have the same pistons in my 800(cudney) just got er togeather last night warmed it up on the stand and rode it up and down my drive way(800 total feet) i never got on it hard though just eased into the throttle a few times and pulled it into tthe shop. did i just screw myself or will it be ok? it sure sounded good...
[snapback]268108[/snapback]​
Nah. Your fine. Just want to get some heat into the cyl and cool it. Just be careful on the wide opens for the first 50Km or so.

You just want to be careful to warm it up properly, and not to get too much heat into it to break 'em in.

Rob7374, just call Bill. He will take the CC over the phone, and ship you the pistons from Ontario. You should have them in under a week in Man.

Put these in, and you shouldn't have to worry about them for a while......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts