Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm going to love this ride. I'm coming off a 09 renegade 600 etec. Can't wait to ride it this weekend. Let me know your experiences with this machine good and bad and what to look for.

·
boost junkie
10,603 Posts
you should have got a 1200 ...lol

·
Registered
13,874 Posts
I loved my e-tec engines. The wife had an 09' 600 e-tec GSX and it was a great trail sled for her. Even the motion control shocks worked well. I ended up spending more for my TNT e-tec after I put everything on it that the GSX came with. The only reason I didn't choose that engine for our current GSX-SE's was we planned to keep these sleds for many years. We had no issues with both e-tecs and almost 10,000mi. on each when we traded. I did think the 600 e-tec was a little soft when you punched it from say 45mph. The 1200 gives you a good kick when you do that. The thing I miss the most is the range you get with the 600 e-tec but I like everything else about the 1200 more.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When you have had a 600 etec and realize all sleds are a compromise you really are not giving up much with this engine.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've got a '13 600 etec with 4000 miles and really like it. The steering is really light, especially compared to the 1200 and the range is great, you can plan on 200 miles. At 500 miles, the oil level is a little below half full, so I don't usually carry any extra on a tour. One of the disadvantages I have experienced over the 1200 is I get ice bridging in the tunnel when it very cold and it will overheat until I stop and knock the ice out. The 1200 has a radiator and never seems to bother.

Having a 600 is like having a smart phone with a big battery.....when it counts, your never out of juice!

I think its a toss up between the 600 and 1200. Whatever you have you'll like and will live with the compromises and defend your choice to the grave, or at least the next sled.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you for all your reply's. I'm still trying to dial in the rear. The front on this sled is the best I have ever ridden, very flat in the twistys and with the 15" track doesn't seem to push as much as my '09 Renegade does, you find your going much faster than you think due to a quieter (due to more wind protection) ride also.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Thank you for all your reply's. I'm still trying to dial in the rear. The front on this sled is the best I have ever ridden, very flat in the twistys and with the 15" track doesn't seem to push as much as my '09 Renegade does, you find your going much faster than you think due to a quieter (due to more wind protection) ride also.
My Dad bought the same sled this year. His prior one was a 2010 GSX 600 ETEC. After a few rides on my 600X he had to have the R motion, plastics and new switches. I tried to sway him to a 900 but he stood firm on the 6. He said he doesn't like messing with them. For him he'll add oil once a season and push a button to summerize. That is a great feature

1 - 14 of 14 Posts