Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oke here is the big problem,

I ride a formula ss and my other half rides an F7. This year i want too get a new sled and my hart is set on a mach z.(i think most of you might see the problem)
Today he comes up to me telling me a billion reasons why he does not want me too get that sled: he is scared i get myself hurt, wich is a good point i guess, but my problem is;
i can get hurt on any sled, right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Needles too say i am not very happy, so too the guys who have a riding partner do you have the same problems, would you have a problem if your wife wants a mach z????????
Sorry for the long story, but it is constanly in my head
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,731 Posts
Hi Donna.....few questions for you......

Do you make your own money??

Do you ride enough to justify a new sled??

Does your husband like sex??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
128 Posts
donna4010 said:
oke here is the big problem,

I ride a formula ss and my other half rides an F7. This year i want too get a new sled and my hart is set on a mach z.(i think most of you might see the problem)
Today he comes up to me telling me a billion reasons why he does not want me too get that sled: he is scared i get myself hurt, wich is a good point i guess, but my problem is;
i can get hurt on any sled, right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Needles too say i am not very happy, so too the guys who have a riding partner do you have the same problems, would you have a problem if your wife wants a mach z????????
Sorry for the long story, but it is constanly in my head

[snapback]748376[/snapback]​
The problem is you would have a faster sled than him. Maybe you should try the Z, and if you like it, buy one. You may find that its just too much sled, or maybe too heavy. Personally I would'nt let my wife have (nor would she want one) one, just for the fact it would kill her trying to move it around. She is only 1/5th the weight of it and dosent go fast anyway. If it fits you, go for it.
 

·
MTM follower
Joined
·
2,592 Posts
I'd be happy to just get my wife on a sled.

So I would let her have one.

Course I'm not concerned with having the fastest sled either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,793 Posts
It will be a hard sled to ride, I'd rather have a Rev chassis machine and save 50 Lbs. just my opinion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
now common u already have a doo let the poor sob get out of cat . or maybe u could give him your old one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the replies,
mamasled, i am financially independent so that is not an issue, do i get enough riding in a year? with a winter like this probably no, but hopefully next year will be better, and as far as nr 3. i can`t complain and i tried that already, and it won`t work

i did look at the 800 rev, and i will keep that option open, but as far as it being a bigger sled i don`t think it would be a problem since i am used too hard working.
i just can`t get over the fact that he won`t let me ride a bigger sled them him.
 

·
Doo Pilot
Joined
·
1,895 Posts
MamaSled said:
Hi Donna.....few questions for you......

Do you make your own money??

Do you ride enough to justify a new sled??

Does your husband like sex??
[snapback]748396[/snapback]​
Mamsled, That is funny !!!!!!

I think a women would have a tough time with a Mach z
But if she wanted it bad enough ,go for it

Rich
 
G

·
cArNaGe said:
I'd be happy to just get my wife on a sled.

So I would let her have one.

[snapback]748398[/snapback]​
I too would love to get my wife on a sled! I`d certainly buy her one just not a Mach!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,731 Posts
donna4010 said:
thanks for the replies,
mamasled, i am financially independent so that is not an issue, do i get enough riding in a year? with a winter like this probably no, but hopefully next year will be better, and as far as nr 3. i can`t complain and i tried that already, and it won`t work

i did look at the 800 rev, and i will keep that option open, but as far as it being a bigger sled i don`t think it would be a problem since i am used too hard working.
i just can`t get over the fact that he won`t let me ride a bigger sled them him.
[snapback]748426[/snapback]​
Try not giving him any for awhile.....you will have your sled real fast....
(For the record I am just kidding)

Isn't there a compromise you 2 could come up with?? Why do you need that particular sled??

Can't help you much with this one......at my age if I want something I just go buy it, I don't really need his approval!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MamaSled said:
donna4010 said:
thanks for the replies,
mamasled, i am financially independent so that is not an issue, do i get enough riding in a year? with a winter like this probably no, but hopefully next year will be better, and as far as nr 3. i can`t complain and i tried that already, and it won`t work

i did look at the 800 rev, and i will keep that option open, but as far as it being a bigger sled i don`t think it would be a problem since i am used too hard working.
i just can`t get over the fact that he won`t let me ride a bigger sled them him.
[snapback]748426[/snapback]​
Try not giving him any for awhile.....you will have your sled real fast....
(For the record I am just kidding)

Isn't there a compromise you 2 could come up with?? Why do you need that particular sled??

Can't help you much with this one......at my age if I want something I just go buy it, I don't really need his approval!
[snapback]748453[/snapback]​
wonder what papasled would say, but i agree
i would be nice too have my other halves approval, if it really would come too it, i would setlle for a rev 800, the reason i want this sled so badly is
Do you believe in love on first sight!!

That would be me!!
 

·
RIP Old 600
Joined
·
2,646 Posts
i would try the 800 xrs, u would roast him in the moguls, and it looks wicked, well i think u should doo what u want!!!!!

Andrew
 

·
Made Member
Joined
·
2,042 Posts
My first question would be: How much experiance do you have on sleds? Next would be: How much does you husband have? If he has lots of experiance, he may be giving good advise. It may not be an ego thing.

Against the wishes of her husband, my sister bought a 1200 Sportster, haveing never owned a bike before. She was killed in an accident because she was unfamilier with the bike and not prepared for the power. She hit a tow truck head on.

I don't mean to be sexist, please don't take it that way. Not all, but some times people (men as well as women) want to get involved in a sport and buy a high powered machine with out fully knowing just how powerfull these things really are.

Your husband may be concerned with your choice of sled. With a Mach, things happen faster, the acceleration is something else. A person can get them selves into trouble a whole lot faster than a 600 or 800.

Please be carefull, what ever you choose.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
941 Posts
Donna, tell him you just want the 800. He might think you will be equal then. Good luck and stick to your guns DOO girl!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,731 Posts
Party Chief said:
My first question would be: How much experiance do you have on sleds? Next would be: How much does you husband have? If he has lots of experiance, he may be giving good advise. It may not be an ego thing.

Against the wishes of her husband, my sister bought a 1200 Sportster, haveing never owned a bike before. She was killed in an accident because she was unfamilier with the bike and not prepared for the power. She hit a tow truck head on.

I don't mean to be sexist, please don't take it that way. Not all, but some times people (men as well as women) want to get involved in a sport and buy a high powered machine with out fully knowing just how powerfull these things really are.

Your husband may be concerned with your choice of sled. With a Mach, things happen faster, the acceleration is something else. A person can get them selves into trouble a whole lot faster than a 600 or 800.

Please be carefull, what ever you choose.
[snapback]748483[/snapback]​
You are a smart man.......Great Advice!!!!

I couldn't agree with you more!!

When I told Papa I was buying myself a new sled he asked all our DooTalk family for advice on what sled I should buy.

Everyone recommended the one I bought.......listen to these people they know what they are talking about.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
I can honestly say I've seen numerous ladies on Mach Z's plenty of times. My wife had riden our TCAT 1000 and with very little problem. The biggest thing is to know your limitations! There is a time and place for everything. I say, he shouldn't have a problem with letting you get it unless he thinks your not capable of handling the responsibility of the Mach Z. I hope its because he just cares alot for you and not just because it's bigger and faster. Good luck.
 

·
found elsewhere
Joined
·
11,916 Posts
Deadman said:
It will be a hard sled to ride, I'd rather have a Rev chassis machine and save 50 Lbs. just my opinion.
[snapback]748405[/snapback]​
Mach Z is pretty stable at high speeds. 110 on a mach feels way more smooth than doing 80 on my rev. Mach corners alot flatter than a rev also. Sure its a little harder on the arms on a long ride, but exercise is good for you, right?
 

·
PRoblEm CHiLd
Joined
·
3,931 Posts
Id let my wife have one

O wait Im not married

Well I guess I dont have to worry about it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
partychief, sorry about your sister.

You made some great comments, and i will keep them i my head, my husband does have some more experience than me and that is why i need his approval.

And no i don`t think you are a sexist, that is why i posted this, i was looking for some opions on this matter.

My point too him was that i could crash just as quick with my formula ss, as with a mach
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top