Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody getting any top end with the hyperlite? It's awsome up to about 100 then?

·
Members
693 Posts
BM725 said:
Anybody getting any top end with the hyperlite? It's awsome up to about 100 then?
[snapback]297639[/snapback]​
what helix do you have, I have talk to chris a few times and we are trying to get my 600 dialed in. Mine will now hit 100 and just stop right there. Everyone I have talked to said it is a tell tale sign of not enough finish angle on the helix. Chris is sending me a 48/42 and a 48/44 to try. Right now I've got the 48/40. I bet the 48/42 will work great but I'm kindof weary about the 48/44.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
50/42.......110 on the digital speedo.

Got a 50/44 on the way to try next......

·
Registered
255 Posts
Just out of curiosity are you running RER on your machine? Mine has RER and I had same issue of the clutch not shifting out fully.

·
Registered
618 Posts
i feel compelled to respond to HyperLight questions even though i don't own a doo...

my top end is surprisingly good with the HL, last season my sled had a 121x1 track and custom goodwin tuned Team with stock 25/41 gearing (1.65 ratio), this year i have a 136x1.75 track, 21/40 gearing (1.90 ratio) and the HL is showing me the same top speeds... no other power mods are done since the 121 went away... i most respects i should be down on top at LEAST 10mph, maybe more... i'd say the HyperLight does fine on top, at least with my setup... PEM11 helix w/ PERC stand-offs, CPC Black/White in hole #6

G

·
I can hit 100 mph but that is it with this secondary. Sled had more top end with the stock secondary. Like others I supposidly have a 48-42 Helix coming.

·
Members
693 Posts
rob7374 said:
I can hit 100 mph but that is it with this secondary. Sled had more top end with the stock secondary. Like others I supposidly have a 48-42 Helix coming.
[snapback]298827[/snapback]​
You should have it soon I had two helixs sent out monday and they got here yesterday. Too bad they came to my other address where I am during the week.
Oh well

·
Members
693 Posts
I talked to Bill Cudney yesterday and he said that falling short on top end is a sure sign of not enough finish angle. That 48/42 should fix that problem. Hope fully it does for me then I also have a 48/44 to try.

·
Registered
23 Posts
bobber said:
Just out of curiosity are you running RER on your machine? Mine has RER and I had same issue of the clutch not shifting out fully.
[snapback]298514[/snapback]​
Try pull your secondary off and give it a good cleaning. We've found that as the bushings wear in they chafe Teflon into the hub, thus causing stickiness and there for causing malfunction of the RER of the clutch. JMO Even if the RER is work excellent it would be a really good idea to clean the hub regularly as it breaks in.

BM725 Call PEM, they'll get you a different helix to get that top end back.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
i've seen maybe 103-4 with the hyper, and 113 with the stock secondary. I have a 50/42 PEM 11

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Just got my RER kit with a PEM 23, 48/44 helix. What will this do for me as opposed to the 50/42 PEM 11? More top end or not?

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
ok good, now just need more snow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts