Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been dicussed before, but are Hyperfax worth $150? I am trying to reduce as much friction as I can. Is it true Hyperfax will wear out your track clips?I am guessing that just using OEM hifax is the way to go.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Amen Tom. Its just like ceramic brake pads. The pads last longer so the rotors don't. I imagine its the same with the sleds. The track clips are going to wear out faster.

It really is not a big deal to change a 20$ pair of Sliders.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I've never used Hyperfax and don't know anyone who personally has but I've heard that dirt and gravel often found in upper midwest riding will chew up the teflon in a hurry. Raw teflon is very soft so I wouldn't doubt this. For mountain use they may make sense for for around here I wouldn't spend my money on them even if they did reduce friction as much as is claimed.

My experience has been that OEM Polaris hyfax last the best. Graphite slides aren't worth the money. The cheapies are a good value but melt sooner than OEM in marginal conditions. I'm frugal and I now buy OEM even if they are more expensive.

The other thing I have learned is that the most wear will occur in the first few hundred miles, in the areas that bear the highest loads. Once those "high spots" wear in the slides last a long, long time.

I'm tempted by "dynaslides" but will probably wait another season before replacing slides. www.dynaslides.com

Jon
'03 Rev 600 Sport

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I met the guy that invented the Hyperfax back in the nineties when we were visiting friends in Maine we had met snowmobiling in NB the winter before. He was working out of his back yard garage in Presque Isle cutting the center out of a regular slide and inserting what looked like a teflon insert. At that time he was filling an order for Polaris. That fall my buddy was up for a visit and brought with him a set of Hyperfax to fit my new grand touring to try. I put over 22000KMS on them over the years I had that sled and not once did I stick them. The last time I checked they sold for well over $200CND and regular slides are so cheap I never did get another set. I just sold that grand touring, 36000kms original track and track clips.....

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
I ran dynaslides on a 2000 summit for two years, worked fine. Would have put them on my 800 summit, but they weren't making them that long, so I drilled out a set of OEM's, worked just as fine. We checked many times - the concept is valid - snow is retained in the grooves or holes, and even with less slider surface area in contact with the clips, there doesn't seem to be more wear on the sliders. I will speculate - get some dirt packed in those grooves or holes, and it will do nothing good for the clips or sliders. Never had a problem myself, running in clean snow most of the time, but it's a problem others have supposedly seen. Idlers, track tension, snow conditions, ice scratchers, or using your brain seem to be equally cheap solutions.

·
Registered
768 Posts
TT670 said:
I can think of better things to spend my money on. Ive never seen the value in stuff like that. My el cheapo hyfax seem to last forever anyway.
el cheapo brand ? hahahahaha
I looked in JR Graham, Spanky's, Dennis Kirk.....
I even did a search on Google...........*%@

Actually......I went with OEM black.....got a decent price from one of the local dealers.
I cant see spending the coin on em either........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.