Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used these on a Polaris center shock and they took the paint off the shock from rubbing and tighter with spring adaptor.
I like the way they work

Now I'm thinking about putting them on the front shocks of my XRS. Has anyone else put them on there and if they have rubbed away the paint. I don't want that to happen on my front shocks.

Anyone have any pics?
Also are they worth getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Boondocking Connoisseur
1,175 Posts
Can't comment on the hygear springs, but I must say the triple rate springs on my EZRyde front shocks are an amazing upgrade and I'd highly recommend going to a dual rate.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I had dual rate Hygears on my last sled and have the Elka dual rates on '16 Renegade XRS. It's a noticable difference for sure especially in the stutter bumps.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had dual rate Hygears on my last sled and have the Elka dual rates on '16 Renegade XRS. It's a noticable difference for sure especially in the stutter bumps.
Did the hygear springs cause any damage or rubbing on the shock.

It did make a big difference over stock to you ?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Yes. On my last sled, a TNT, it made a big difference having the Hygears over the stock single rates. I don't remember them rubbing. Hygear speced them to my weight and riding style so they were heavier springs as well. Having had increasingly customized suspensions over the years, I'm continually amazed at the difference a well set up suspension makes in riding enjoyment and high speed control. The Elkas I have now are close to perfect but still need a bit of tweaking this summer. Next year the Elkas will be completely dialed in for me and I can't wait! Just make sure you balance the sled. Putting new springs on the front without balancing the center shock spring out back might result in a quirky ride and be more difficult set up. I learned the hard way the 4 shocks and 3 springs all have to work together to get the most out of your sled.

Reactions: snowx800

·
Registered
29 Posts
HyGear set up all 4 shocks on my 1200 to my weight and riding style. Dual Rate springs up front. No rubbing and no issues. Best upgrade ever. Highly recommend! :smile_old:

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was talking to a guy who used them and had them rub the black off the front shocks on a new sled. When I talk to hygear they tell me sometimes if you get something in between dirt ice ?the shock in there dual spring bracket it can hit.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457709116.424652.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
XRS dual rate springs are 2.25 ID and they should not rub unless they are cheap Taiwan junk. I've never had any spring rub on dual xrs springs. The spring divider rubs on the shock body and you can't eliminate that unless you use a spring like Raptor sells.

·
Registered
11,244 Posts
If you have the correct cross overs in between the springs you should have no problem.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah I will order the right ones awesome I just want to make sure they won't mess anything up.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Did you and your dad leave everything stock on his Blizzard? If not what did you change on the front shocks?
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Suspension is stock so far. I think the back works very well in most bumps under 2'. IMO the front needs help though, need at least rebound adjustment. Plan is to rebuild rears and get something else for up front.

Did do some cosmetic changes though!
IMAG0622_1.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
829 Posts
Suspension is stock so far. I think the back works very well in most bumps under 2'. IMO the front needs help though, need at least rebound adjustment. Plan is to rebuild rears and get something else for up front.

Did do some cosmetic changes though!
attachicon.gif
IMAG0622_1.jpg
Love the white belly pan. I agree the rear does a great job, front is a little lacking. Looking for something better as well.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Love the white belly pan. I agree the rear does a great job, front is a little lacking. Looking for something better as well.

Ian at monster performance has a nice set of front shocks (SS36) that he put together for a very reasonable price, may pick up a set.

Can go wrong with Hygear or Monster, have run both setups they work well.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Ian at monster performance has a nice set of front shocks (SS36) that he put together for a very reasonable price, may pick up a set.

Can go wrong with Hygear or Monster, have run both setups they work well.
Very interesting. The hl36 looks good as well

1 - 17 of 17 Posts