Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen how a backcountry x 1.75 performs, and it seems to be a pretty good crossover track with it being better on trail vs off.

Does anyone first hand experience between these 2 tracks?

I've had a Freeride 137 with the factory 1.75 but it's too plyable for on trail.

I wanna upgrade my 20 renegade xrs 850

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
I've seen how a backcountry x 1.75 performs, and it seems to be a pretty good crossover track with it being better on trail vs off.

Does anyone first hand experience between these 2 tracks?

I've had a Freeride 137 with the factory 1.75 but it's too plyable for on trail.

I wanna upgrade my 20 renegade xrs 850
I thought my FreeRide's 1.75" track did really well on trail. That being said, the Backcountry track is a brick house in comparison- I had one of those on a MachZ1000.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I had a 1.75 back country track on my 850 gade and loved it. Way better off trail than my buddies cobra, just a little more vibration on trail. Very sturdy over 2 years, no issues.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought my FreeRide's 1.75" track did really well on trail. That being said, the Backcountry track is a brick house in comparison- I had one of those on a MachZ1000.[/quote]

Mine was falling apart after 2500 miles.
And it never hooked upped on hard pack trail.

I've seen the BCX 1.75 hook up real good on harder trails, but I'm surprised it's a single ply track versus the hurricane being 2 ply.

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
I thought my FreeRide's 1.75" track did really well on trail. That being said, the Backcountry track is a brick house in comparison- I had one of those on a MachZ1000.
Mine was falling apart after 2500 miles.
And it never hooked upped on hard pack trail.

I've seen the BCX 1.75 hook up real good on harder trails, but I'm surprised it's a single ply track versus the hurricane being 2 ply.[/quote]

That's wild; I had over 3600mi on mine and not even a tear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i put 175 hurricane on my 1200 shorty . put 4100km on and track still looks brand new. mostly on groomed trails hookup is amazing.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I have a BCX track on my xrs 850 (129") and I think the track is phenomenal! Off trail the traction is unreal for a 15" wide x 129" track. On trail it has excellent manners and hooks up very well.

Where I ride (tug hill, old forge, central NY) we have a lot of loose snow and we ride powder/drifts as much as nature will allow. This track is perfect for my style of riding.

Top end is WAY down from a 1.25" track. I'm geared down 2 teeth and I only see 105mph up top. But who cares...the traction is unreal and it will wheelie on command.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts