Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spoke to Bronco at HRSS and ordered a clutch kit for my 2023 Renegade XRS 850 SS. I’ll update once I get the sled. Bronco was great and this clutch kit sounds perfect. Lower smoother engagement with better pull. His exact words “It does it all, slow paced rides with kids and balls out with the boys”. My biggest complaint with the stock clutch on my 2020 850 is the jerky jerky on off throttle and lower speeds. I’m not a tinkerer so I wanted a complete kit that I won’t have to play with all the time:)

·
Registered
524 Posts
I put a HRSS kit in my fathers 600 and I run one on my Rave. It does everything they say it does for sure. Simply put, it improves the drivability and experience riding the sled. I did ride without it for bit (~200 miles), just to see what the gains would be.

·
Registered
370 Posts
can't speak for the 850 kits but back in 2013/14 I bought many diff kits for my 800 and Dave Dunn and hrss banco I think was is name were the only 2 guys that would take calls and help to figure things out and there kits worked all others were a waste of money that included some well named people on here if the exchange and shipping/brokage fees where more inline I would try his kit np

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can’t wait to try it out and report back. In all honesty the biggest thing for me was the lower engagement, and they say that you can literally walk next to the slide as your gauge in the clutch without a jerking is it alone on and off the trailer and much easier to ride in tight trails.

·
Registered
524 Posts
The low smooth engagement is super nice, but for me, it's the backshift and how it makes trail riding so much nicer. Even if you are not wringing the sled's neck, the clutching makes the ride better. When you come into a corner and let off the throttle, the RPMs hang for just a bit, making the exit smoother and more on the power you were in prior to the corner. It is very much like being able to heel-toe and be in the right gear coming out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts