Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a can for my 2019 summit. No I dont think any will add power and no I dont want an loud one.

I figure they are worth it for the weight savings and frankly the stock sounding exhaust just sounds pathetic. Again not looking for super loud just something that sounds alittle meaner.

Im thinking HPS is the best way to go but at the shop they sell Jaws and Specialty as well. Also it would be easy to get an SLP one

Has anyone got a can that kind of matches what I am looking for and doesnt kill hp?

·
Registered
41 Posts
DynoPort makes a nice quiet can as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Looking for a can for my 2019 summit. No I dont think any will add power and no I dont want an loud one.

I figure they are worth it for the weight savings and frankly the stock sounding exhaust just sounds pathetic. Again not looking for super loud just something that sounds alittle meaner.

Im thinking HPS is the best way to go but at the shop they sell Jaws and Specialty as well. Also it would be easy to get an SLP one

Has anyone got a can that kind of matches what I am looking for and doesnt kill hp?
The Jaws trail is a very nice sounding can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
541 Posts
Add Diamond S to your short list... light, quiet, excellent construction, and has welded baffles, so the packing won't blow out.

Ace

·
Registered
849 Posts
Dynoport

·
Registered
611 Posts
I have run HPS on both of my 850s. People will say they don't add power but I picked up RPMS on both. Has a little bark at wide open throttle but is very tame idling and at part throttle. Easy to cruise through town without getting dirty looks.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
haha I cant handle a turbo. Im smart enough to realize I dont belong on a sled like that.

I was going to go with HPS even though they are more expensive but are they packed or do they have baffles inside? I had a can years ago that when I first got it sounds good but not super loud. it progressively got louder and louder as time went by though.

and now yet another one thrown into the mix is the SSI can

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
haha I cant handle a turbo. Im smart enough to realize I dont belong on a sled like that.

I was going to go with HPS even though they are more expensive but are they packed or do they have baffles inside? I had a can years ago that when I first got it sounds good but not super loud. it progressively got louder and louder as time went by though.

and now yet another one thrown into the mix is the SSI can
SSI is another great can. Pm me and I can put you intouch with a distributor in leduc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
I have ran hps on a 800 ptec, 800r, and two 800etec’s. They make awesome products. When i pick up a can for my 850, it will be another hps!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
You won't go wrong with the HPS... quality product, on my third year with mine, taking it with me when I trade in next year...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts