Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys just a FYI on this, i put a HPS can on my new XM last night and in the install directions they give you, they say to remove the spring mount that is riveted to the toe stop and put it on the second bolt down on the chaincase from the top. this is not true as its actually the second bolt from the BOTTOM. also, when i installed this, it was too close so i could just put the spring on by hand. i had to drill a new hole in the spring mount to move it down so the spring had tension on it. soooo after all that rucks, i looked at the HPS magazine that came with the can and i am not sure why but the spring bracket that i removed from the toe stop is different in their picture from the one that is installed on my sled. just a word of caution that i think you can probably get away with using 2 springs on there and not have to mess around with relocating the spring bracket. i guess thats what i get for reading directions instead of using common sense......

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
guys just a FYI on this, i put a HPS can on my new XM last night and in the install directions they give you, they say to remove the spring mount that is riveted to the toe stop and put it on the second bolt down on the chaincase from the top. this is not true as its actually the second bolt from the BOTTOM. also, when i installed this, it was too close so i could just put the spring on by hand. i had to drill a new hole in the spring mount to move it down so the spring had tension on it. soooo after all that rucks, i looked at the HPS magazine that came with the can and i am not sure why but the spring bracket that i removed from the toe stop is different in their picture from the one that is installed on my sled. just a word of caution that i think you can probably get away with using 2 springs on there and not have to mess around with relocating the spring bracket. i guess thats what i get for reading directions instead of using common sense......
How tight is the hps can with the spring bracket relocated? Can you move the can back and forth easy? Or is it farely sturdy?

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How tight is the hps can with the spring bracket relocated? Can you move the can back and forth easy? Or is it farely sturdy?
Actually it is very sturdy. I could barely even move the can back and forth by hand.....sounds awesome too.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Yah it's very sturdy when yah relocate the rubber can support to the proper spot. Lol I Tryed the double spring and used the stock spring clip position. Works well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts