Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1661 - 1680 of 1697 Posts

·
Super Moderator
29,433 Posts
I saw a bunch heading up Rt 177 yesterday afternoon.

I looked at some trail cams yesterday - I'm not saying you can't ride, I'm saying it's getting a bit SNIRTY out - icy too.

I think its time to change the oil in the sled then get the Defender out for a cruise.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Funny how early in the season some were preaching there's not enough snow / base when conditions were actually better than they are now... Yet there's way more people chasing it now than there were then lol.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
29,433 Posts
After looking at the trail cams, it seems many figured out what reality is - there is currently 1 truck parked in the Barns Corners lot, 5 sleds at Hook & Ladder, 2 trailers parked at Montague, and not a sled to be seen at the Hayloff.

That said, there are some decent looking riding conditions in places too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Dropped in Winona and took my son for some wings at tuggers. From Winona to Barnes wasn’t bad on the trail. The roads are bare and dirt. Only had a couple sections I couldn’t ride the bank. Winona trails had good snow coverage. I’m done for the season. Finished with my usual 1700-2000 miles between the 2 sleds. Time to pull the dirt bike out.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Dropped in Winona and took my son for some wings at tuggers. From Winona to Barnes wasn't bad on the trail. The roads are bare and dirt. Only had a couple sections I couldn't ride the bank. Winona trails had good snow coverage. I'm done for the season. Finished with my usual 1700-2000 miles between the 2 sleds. Time to pull the dirt bike out.
My wife and I were at Tuggers around 2. Were you riding double with your son in front of you? Maybe we saw you around Salmon River Rd.

·
Super Moderator
29,433 Posts
Trail Cams are looking pretty SNIRTY. Long range forecast is saying what I've already accepted - the 2020-2021 season is over.

I had a good season, 2026 miles, nothing broke and it was a safe season.

On a positive note - its looking our favorite bar may be opening back up soon. Time for the Defender to make the ride over! ????

·
Super Moderator
29,433 Posts
Wow...

And look at the trail across the road - yikes.

Hopefully they're just heading to their trailer.

·
Registered
262 Posts
And that is the reason I buy new sleds not used ..lol
Used is cool. I got my '16 Renny Adrenaline with under 800-miles on it. I couldn't tell it was ever ridden.

Having said that, I'd avoid the ads that say " Adult ridden - Tug Hill"

Yikes! Run Forest! Run!

·
Super Moderator
29,433 Posts
Used is cool. I got my '16 Renny Adrenaline with under 800-miles on it. I couldn't tell it was ever ridden.

Yikes! Run Forest! Run!
While I know what you're saying, I can honestly say my used stuff is Adult Ridden - Tug Hill, and it really is usually MINT.

If I don't think it's mint you won't see me advertise it. The last one I "dumped" was my '09 600 Etec. It had issues, I thought they were fixed, I couldn't 100% guarantee it was right so I traded it. The mechanic at the dealer was confident enough it was good he bought it himself. Yup - it was perfect. Worked out to be a good deal for everybody. The '19 I sold this Fall was one of the 2 nicest sleds I ever got rid of. It truly was MINT!

Then again I don't ride bumps anymore either. :)

Reactions: Toecutter

·
Registered
1,686 Posts

Yikes! Run Forest! Run!
I will agree to a extent. If you get one of my machines then your getting a sweet used machine! I've got a turbo with your name on it OKO.. with some sweet Monster Performance Elkas too!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I will agree to a extent. If you get one of my machines then your getting a sweet used machine! I've got a turbo with your name on it OKO.. with some sweet Monster Performance Elkas too!
Nice try, but I just paid cash for a new car.
The last brand new car I bought was back in '83.

·
Registered
584 Posts
We did 100 miles on the hill yesterday. Unloaded at Fork rd and headed over toward Highmarket .Some of it rough, some of it was awesome. Lots of trails were being groomed in the afternoon. Highmarket and constableville side was great, and Worth rd. & Culpepper and that side was great as well. Probably my last ride for the year it was definitely worth the trip.

·
Super Moderator
29,433 Posts
^^^ Good to know, thanks. We just finished putting a crashed 900 back together, my buddy wanted to do a short test ride with it tomorrow, I'll let him know. :righton

1661 - 1680 of 1697 Posts