Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1697 Posts

·
Ford hater
20,365 Posts
How have they taken the warm ups? Anything left? The fb pages are very quiet on the hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DareDog

·
E-Tec Rules
33,762 Posts
not much of warm up high 30's, Clubs are just waiting for new snow to work with to start grooming again.

Top of hill is still good. Lower areas are closed.

there calling for Snow Showers all week

·
Super Moderator
29,432 Posts
Barnes Corners groomer was headed out when I came through tonight.

If I got home earlier I'd be riding now...but I didn't, so I'm not. :(

·
Ford hater
20,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Barnes Corners groomer was headed out when I came through tonight.

If I got home earlier I'd be riding now...but I didn't, so I'm not. :(
if you happen to get out, take a pic or two , supposed to be going down and stayin at ridgeview in just about a week, and gettin a wee bit worried

Reactions: DareDog

·
E-Tec Rules
33,762 Posts
Looks like Friday the sno pals will have there 2nd groomer back up and running.

Reactions: MX-Z Man

·
E-Tec Rules
33,762 Posts
if you happen to get out, take a pic or two , supposed to be going down and stayin at ridgeview in just about a week, and gettin a wee bit worried

Z man and pics are like Bark and pics lol.

·
Registered
123 Posts

Just cancelled my reservation at ridgeview for next week, re-booked for following week in hopes of better conditions.

·
Ford hater
20,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just cancelled my reservation at ridgeview for next week, re-booked for following week in hopes of better conditions.
Im suppose to be there the 9th-18th. Getting nervous. It's only a 3 1/2hr drive. But I only get a week vacation at work. And I don't wanna burn it for no reason

·
Ford hater
20,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've been there enough to know that even in good conditions, that getting out of their parking lot and up the hill and towards the groomer barn is sketchy enough with snow cover

·
Super Moderator
29,432 Posts
Z man and pics are like Bark and pics lol.
Taking pictures would require stopping, and I don't ever stop. Well, at my advanced age I do have to stop and pee normally once a ride, but the helmet still doesn't come off. :lol:

I'll see what I can do. If I don't get pictures I'll at least see if I can give a review.

At this point I'd say you'll be OK, just can't ride in a huge area.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'd love to make the 4 plus hour drive up but with the southern area all the way to Rome being so bad it doesn't pay. I guess it's what I get for living in the southern tier lol

Sent from my SM-S978L using Tapatalk

·
E-Tec Rules
33,762 Posts
Lets see possible winter storm Sunday night in to Monday.

Reactions: MX-Z Man

·
Super Moderator
29,432 Posts
Be very care full, without snow anywhere but top of hill ....just not a situation I would put myself in.I doubt MX Z MAN will be out Sat afternoon !!!.I realize people want to ride but I would wait.
Heck even when the snow was good I wouldn't be out on a Saturday afternoon. I get up early, ride a bunch, then head home. I'm normally home with 150-200 miles on before a lot of people are out of bed. :laugh_old:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
I was thinking of grabby a room at the Tailwater Sunday night.

Any idea if the Kasoag Trailblazers' trails are open? I checked their website and Facebook pages and could not find out either way.

·
Ford hater
20,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've rode the hill on the weekends with it being the only spot open. It's not that bad, I've had worse "close calls" in canada

Reactions: RENEGADE13

·
E-Tec Rules
33,762 Posts
MXZ MAN Finally remember to put gas in the LE snow machine

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 4 PM EST SATURDAY... * WHAT...Heavy lake effect snow expected. Travel will be very difficult to impossible. Total snow accumulations of 8 to 12 inches are expected in the most persistent lake snows, and up to 16 inches across the Tug Hill plateau. * WHERE...Jefferson and Lewis counties. * WHEN...From 7 PM this evening to 4 PM EST Saturday. * ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Be prepared for significant reductions in visibility at times. Cold wind chills as low as 20 below zero will cause frostbite in as little as 30 minutes to exposed skin.

·
Ford hater
20,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
And if that isn't enough, Sunday night and Wednesday look very promising too. The hill will be great again!
Just in time for when I get there Friday early afternoon

1 - 20 of 1697 Posts