Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a Howards stage 2 clutch kit for a 2010.5 800 Etec. I don't see one on Billy's site & I am having problems sending him a PM

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
He has one kit for the 10.5. Just springs and rollers. He told me he had a drag set up but it was not really trail friendly. His trail set up worked good for me. Try calling him, Im sure they are busy.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I just received his kit for my 2011. Did everyone install the secondary spring? Manual reads for better hole shots to stay stock. Better back shifting on off throttle to install new spring.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
I run the sec spring last year, was really good for hot trail type riding. Trying a 26 top gear and the stock spring this year, only reason is the sled felt overgeared all last winter in stock form and with his kit. I'm looking for more top speed in loose snow trail conditions, in the UP you need all you can get. Also looking to take some of the clutch heat out as well.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
I installed the 26 top gear last spring prior to storage. Never rode it. Maybe I'll start with stock secondary spring.

·
Registered
2018 850MXZX, 2020 600R TNT, 2011 600 GSX
561 Posts
Billy has a stage 2 kit but he is saying, you need run at least 4 studs per bar and really wants to see 5per bars. Not sure how many guys are running that many studs on their 1ply track. Best to give him a call.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Is there a Howards stage 2 clutch kit for a 2010.5 800 Etec. I don't see one on Billy's site & I am having problems sending him a PM
Getting our Game back on Performing alot of 2012 sled assy and builds plus R&D...

will try n get back on here full time again soon ..

Stage II for 800etec only worth the $$$$ and time n effort if you are hooked up traction wise... prefer 5 to 6 per bar studding....not recomened for a 90% of the time Hotrod trail rider !

Thanks

Billy

·
Registered
303 Posts
Call rich daly at Dynoport! Not only will he answer the phone........ But he will tell you the facts about what to install and not to install! Too many people on this site selling gimics! CALL DYNOPORT !!!!! Straight up, it is what it is, honest man!!!!!!

·
Scuttle Buttin' Solo
75,267 Posts
Call rich daly at Dynoport! Not only will he answer the phone........ But he will tell you the facts about what to install and not to install! Too many people on this site selling gimics! CALL DYNOPORT !!!!! Straight up, it is what it is, honest man!!!!!!
What exactly are you insinuating?

I hope it ain't directed towards Billy? Let me tell ya, that guy has been there each an every time I called, PMed or e-mailed. I didn't even buy my stage II kit from him as it came already installed in my sled so he made nothing directly off me, and he's still gone above an beyond the call of duty IMO. Same goes for Joey too! both have been very supportive.

·
Registered
284 Posts
What exactly are you insinuating?

I hope it ain't directed towards Billy? Let me tell ya, that guy has been there each an every time I called, PMed or e-mailed. I didn't even buy my stage II kit from him as it came already installed in my sled so he made nothing directly off me, and he's still gone above an beyond the call of duty IMO. Same goes for Joey too! both have been very supportive.
X2

1 - 13 of 13 Posts