Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

How will HPG shocks would work on this sled

610 views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  zippidydoo 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well i found out the other day that i need new shocks....im planning on getting HPG shocks. Like on the X models...but im not sure how these would fit...would they fit correctly...or will i have to stay with the trail shocks...If i doo have to stay with the trail shocks... can i rebuild them???? and will the clicker shocks work on an SC 10 II or watever suspension was onthe 2001's

#4 ·
rblscoot said:
my buddy has a zx 800x and they are just to stiff for 150 to 200 mile rides I like my adrenilin shocks better
[snapback]747892[/snapback]​
anyone else have any input on this statement? are the x-package shocks too stiff for 150 mile ride in a day? i was thinkin about upgradin to the x-package but i put on a lot of miles per day.

#5 ·
Just loosen up the springs and they are great. I liked them alot but wanted to try the fox floats. If you ride hard the X shocks are the answer.

#6 ·
MXZracer670 said:
Just loosen up the springs and they are great. I liked them alot but wanted to try the fox floats. If you ride hard the X shocks are the answer.
[snapback]747983[/snapback]​
sooo in your experience/opinion how were the x-shocks on a 150 mile ride? i ride pretty hard, i'd say as aggressive or more aggressive than anyone else i ride with.

thanks!

#7 ·
Then you will love them. I ride hard and hit every jump I see and they just took it. I promise over the stock shocks they will be 200% better. Thats also coming off the stock motion controls.

#9 ·
All things being equal buy the X package shocks. You can re-valve them to the Adrenaline shock specs. anyway, and the front piggybacks just look cool. They have more oil capacity, too. I really don't think an SC 10 2 is much of a joy on 150 to 200 mile trips anyway, regardless of which shocks are under it. I have the X shocks on the front; an M10 shoved under the rear. An SC 10 3 would probably be a decent upgrade, and after selling your old skid you probably wouldn't be out much more $$$.

#10 ·
1BadZ said:
An SC 10 3 would probably be a decent upgrade, and after selling your old skid you probably wouldn't be out much more $$$.
[snapback]748061[/snapback]​
is there really much of a difference between the sc-10 II and the sc-10 III? i see that some people are interested in buying a sc10 II on here for around $200 so i could sell mine and, like you said, not be out much more for a sc 10 III.

thanks for your input.

#11 ·
Really don't know much about an SC 10 3, except that it has more travel. Only ridden them in Rev's, so it's not an apples to apples comparison. I know BellevilleMXZ went from an SC 10 2 to a 3, you might want to find him in the Members section and PM him. If you could find a 3 with the X package or Adrenaline shocks, and not pay much more than you could sell your skid for, you'd have the shocks plus any advantages of the 3 for a couple hundred bucks, give or take.

#12 ·
1BadZ said:
Really don't know much about an SC 10 3, except that it has more travel. Only ridden them in Rev's, so it's not an apples to apples comparison. I know BellevilleMXZ went from an SC 10 2 to a 3, you might want to find him in the Members section and PM him. If you could find a 3 with the X package or Adrenaline shocks, and not pay much more than you could sell your skid for, you'd have the shocks plus any advantages of the 3 for a couple hundred bucks, give or take.
[snapback]748093[/snapback]​
thanks for the info, i sent him a PM and will wait for a reply. if it works out as easy as it sounds i'll prolly do the upgrade to the sc-10 III. thanks!

#13 ·
I just put an SC10II in my wifes 98 formula 500. Big improvement over the SC 10.
I also just put HPG's in my 02 MXZ 600 Trail (SC10III). The SC10III is a 12 inch suspension while the SC10II is only 10 inches. They have a diff rear mounting location. I also put HPGs from an 01 MXZ on my skis. I lost an inch of travel doing so, but the performance is much better.
The trail shocks suck. They don't last long and are not rebuildable.

#14 ·
IK this is a stupid question....but will a rev skid work on a ZX..if not i would just rather buy a clicker shock & a regular HPG for the rear and The HPG piggyback shocks in the Front how much would that cost me to buy all four shocks used???`

#15 ·
Will a MXZ REV Piggybacks with an 18" center to center work on the Front?.....Right now my sled is sitting at about idk maybe 12" i know that the front arms in the front are horizontal i want to get a little more height on it because i ride hard and if i hit a mogule i wont bottom out....will it fit right???

#17 ·
Whats the Center to Center on an 01 440??? also how high is the back end supposed to be(from the bottom of the Snowflap) will a clicker from a 02 440X work on my sled...i need it a little stiffer because im 220 lbs and Im on the stock springs....So if those X shocks work from an 02 440 i could put the piggybacks from an 02 440X on the front too???if so is there anyone on here selling any...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.