Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
I have a 2020 Backcountry XRS 146 1.6 coming and a 2020 Renegade 850 X 1.5 Ice ripper coming too, Most of my friends ride trails but I want to ride more off trail with different guys. The trail is getting a bit old if you will. Has anyone gotten a Backcountry XRS and wished you had a Renegade instead? Basically I'm going to sell one of them as soon as they come in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 2019 BCXRS, with the 2" Powder Max, came from a 2014 MXZ XRS, I will never go back to a shorter track sled. I do trails with the wife, then go off trail on my own or with buddies. Absolutely love my BC, I believe it is the best sled for how I ride, and it truly does handle the trails, I run it on the wide ski setting, couldn't ask for a more versatile sled for the way I ride. Love it....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
Love my 2019 backcountry x 146.. great all around Machine.. except over heats terrible on trail.. ice scratchers a must for trail..and do correct that issue.. and the ds2 skis suck on trail... I replaced mine with 6.9 and made a huge difference...

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Love my 2019 backcountry x 146.. great all around Machine.. except over heats terrible on trail.. ice scratchers a must for trail..and do correct that issue.. and the ds2 skis suck on trail... I replaced mine with 6.9 and made a huge difference...
Interesting about the ds2 being poor on trail. I heard the opposite last year. I sold last year's mxz with 6.9s.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I also run the doo scratchers, never had a overheat issue, but have them if needed. No complaints with my skis, although I have never compared to other options.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 BC XRS
7,481 Posts
My Backcountry XRS is hands down the best all around sled I've owned, works great on and off trail.

I ran my mine most of last year without scratchers and never had an issue but did install them late season just in case but never put em down.

DS2s with HRP Profiles are awesome. I've run lots of different ski/wear bar combos and this setup just plain works. :righton

·
Registered
444 Posts
Just got my BC XRS, adding the ZRP spindles to make it more of a trail sled. You may want to consider that if you are an 80/20 rider like myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
Interesting about the ds2 being poor on trail. I heard the opposite last year. I sold last year's mxz with 6.9s.
It's a matter of opinion. I had Pilot DS skis on a Mach Z 1000, DS2's on a FreeRide 137", and DS3's on a FreeRide 154". I've been pleased with them on all three machines and found them to steer straight and light with no darting.

I think that people get freaked out by the thought of extra track length; I think it's a great combination, and believe that there's less drawbacks to a BC146" on trail than there is with the old BC137" off trail.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I had a BC-XRS last year and really liked the sled but wished that I put the 2" track on it. The 1.6 was just OK off trail but my buddies with 2" were going places with ease that I was struggling with.

Mine did run hot without scratchers as well but not as bad as my buddys BC did even riding the same trails.

I did a bit of soul searching at the end of the season and decided to sell it and go back to 137" XRS for 2020. The C-Motion rides OK but no where as good as R-Motion and I missed running real studs in the track on icy Muskoka trails.

I think that my long term plan will be to keep my 137" for a couple of years and order a FR 154 next spring.

·
Ski-Doo Guru
13,819 Posts
I'm close to 18,000 km on the BC 146 with 1.6" between my 18&19. Widened they are just a killer do all sled couldn't really ask for much more from them. Giving the 154 a try this season to see if more is better. Wouldn't hesitate to own a 146 though there amazing sleds. Smooth as r motion no, 85% as good yeah.

·
Ford hater
19,960 Posts
Absolutely loved my 19 bc 850, running the 2" track and never ran warm, even in tug hill on minimal snow for the last day of my trip, will never go back to a shorty, the c-motion might not ride as good as r-motion, but this sled can stand the skis up where an r-motion 850 won't, and that alone when next to your friend on his mxz xrs is worth it when he's complaining he can't wheelie it as much, no complaints with the ds2's either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
414 Posts
I ride mostly trails , but do love playing in deep snow when it's available around these parts.

Last year I had a BCXRS with the 2" track and the wife had gade x 600r.

The BCXRS seemed fine on trail until I rode her sled one day.

This year I have a 2020 gade xrs and I put a 1.75 hurricane on it.

So we'll see what I have next year!

·
Registered
138 Posts
19 BC XRS 2" track now. 60% on trail / 40% off trail. ( wish that was reversed ) Mi U.P 80% Mi Lower 20%.
Previously 2011 then 2016 freeride 137.
R Motion = definitely little bit better on trail. C Motion = definitely way better off trail. I had BC XRS & 16 freeride same time, many back to back rides in sane conditions. BC XRS way better for ME, pretty much in every category. I did not have any overheating issues with the sled.
I do run ski scratchers , and track scratchers, but did not use them that much last year really. BC XRS 2" is geared pretty steep for my liking. 23/51= 2.21. This year going to 146 / 1.75 / 15 Hurricane, with 25/51= 2.04 and see what that does. Overall I was kind of worried about the 146. I really liked my 16 freeride. I've had a lot of sleds since 1998. probably somewhere in the 35,000Mi range. This one definitely brings me the most smiles in every category. Not best in every category, but very good.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Can't wait to try mine. Put scratchers on from the dealr, just in case. 2" track and I put the extra front idler wheel, so I could not run the rail scratchers, had to go to the tunnel mount.

·
Banshee Builder
7,866 Posts
What track are your running. I'm looking at ordering a 2021 and am torn between the 1.6IC and the 2.0. Mostly for off-trail but still want to be able to run out to Juniper or around the trails in Dungarvan no and then also.
i run the dungarvan almost every weekend lol put 5k miles on 1.6 last season and lugs started ripping off around 4k. running 1.75 hurricane this year just waitin patiently lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts