Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I recently won at auction from BLM a SWT with 2100 miles. It was listed as a 2000, but it has no VIN on the tub. The seat says SWT 03, manufactured 06/11/2002. The motor number is M5553606, in raised numbers on the motor is 6912203. I'm almost certain the tub was never changed out.

I'm thinking I should change out the slides and shocks, get a spare belt. Anything else I should check, replace, or be aware of? This is my first Ski Doo, Previously exclusively rode Polaris 340 GT Lites. This one is just a tad heavier!

Any info, tips, tricks much appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Labrador!

Anyone have any suggestions for new shocks for this beast? Are they rebuild-able? I can't afford the REVEL, What brand and where can I get them? I'm in Nome AK, off the road system so I will have to mail order them.

THanks!

·
7,718 Posts
Most Skandic owners pre-XU weren't very concerned about ride quality, so you won't find much pre-made in the aftermarket. Most anything you come up with will be custom.

When I had a 2007 SWT V800 with that rear skid I ended up widening and swapping in an Expedition skid to make it ride better and had a custom C46 rear shock put together for it by Revel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts