Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How????? Just pry out with screw driver?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
no no no. look at your snow flap where it is riveted to your tunnel in the back and there are two caps pull them off then gently pry open the track where therey are slid in and pull them out thru the windows on the snow flap that you just pulled the caps off of. if you try to pry them off you will ruin your coolers and talk about big bucks to get that fixed.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i sort of follow you...?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont follow id see any caps but how do u pull them?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Click on the link in my sig below my name and download the manual for your sled. There are pics in there

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Click on the link in my sig below my name and download the manual for your sled. There are pics in there

·
Registered
1,717 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ha ha thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i cant find it in the manual

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pics would really help?!

·
Registered
712 Posts
On my sled I had to remove the snow flap by drilling out the rivets. Then uncrimp the ends the channel holding in the protectors and pull them out. Use Stainless nuts and bolts to put the flap back on.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why would I have to take the snowflap off? I think i could just pull it out with a pliers. and bend the crimped edges first though.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Yup looks like thats what you have to do. i just looked at a pic of your snowflap and when you take it off and open the channel that the protectors are in then you can slide it out. whats the reason for taking them out in the first place? If your not going to stud it then dont screw with it. If you are going to stud it then yes it has to come off. no way around it. Sorry dude

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well its just that peiple told me that i have to take them off in order to put a 1.5 track on?..

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah but i see u dont have th zx chassie??? I am wondering about the zx chassie 2000 mxz 700 to be exact. I think i might just call a dealer tomorow and see what they say

1 - 17 of 17 Posts