Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2010 Skandic 800 SWT 2011 Renegade 800 Etec
1,756 Posts
The time is not a problem, but i'm not would broken bolt on motor where the header
I will not tell you that it's impossible to break the header bolts on the engine but I took mine apart many times and never had a problem...Good luck but you should be OK.

· Registered
703 Posts
Why isn't it possible???

I've done mine a bunch of times, on a SWT. Is the WT a narrower bellpan?

Just to be clear, you want to remove the big heavy thing circled in green? Can't you just yank the 6 springs (highlighted in yellow)?

Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why isn't it possible???

I've done mine a bunch of times, on a SWT. Is the WT a narrower bellpan?

Just to be clear, you want to remove the big heavy thing circled in green? Can't you just yank the 6 springs (highlighted in yellow)?

View attachment 2018066
OH! Yes, i would remove this mufler only. Is it possible without removing the headers?

· Registered
703 Posts
OH! Yes, i would remove this mufler only. Is it possible without removing the headers?
I've done it lots, but I'm driving a super-wide track.

I think the wide track has the same belly pan. Try it, it's only held on with springs. Best way to remove the springs is with a pair of vise grips, you snap the vise grips on the end of the spring and stretch it free, and the vise grips hold onto the spring so it doesn't shoot accross the shop. Wear glasses.

I think there's four on the front of the muffler, and two on the rear, and maybe one more under the front to hold it on the chassis.

After the springs are off you can gently work it out.

· Registered
7,456 Posts
I've done it lots, but I'm driving a super-wide track.

I think the wide track has the same belly pan. Try it, it's only held on with springs. Best way to remove the springs is with a pair of vise grips, you snap the vise grips on the end of the spring and stretch it free, and the vise grips hold onto the spring so it doesn't shoot accross the shop. Wear glasses.

I think there's four on the front of the muffler, and two on the rear, and maybe one more under the front to hold it on the chassis.

After the springs are off you can gently work it out.
I think that's what he has a SWT, there wasn't a v800 skandic in the WT, just the expedition

· Registered
703 Posts
xmptsunami, you got magic fingers. LOL!
So you've tried?

What's the issue? The exhaust only slides into the muffler about 1/2 inch or so, and you'll get some flex out of the flex bits on the exhaust.

If it's really super crazy tight somehow, just loosen off the engine mounting bolts and rotate the engine a bit. You can reset the engine where it was by looking at the witness marks from the washers (line up the bolts and washers with the clean spot on the mounts).

· Registered
492 Posts
Yeah I think the question didn't consider pulling the motor mounts. Without that I don't think it comes out, but it's probably a lot quicker to lean the engine over a bit than to pull that Y pipe.

· Registered
492 Posts
I will not tell you that it's impossible to break the header bolts on the engine but I took mine apart many times and never had a problem...Good luck but you should be OK.
I have like 8 heads for these here, some with crazy high miles (40K?) and not one Y pipe bolt is seized...

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So you've tried?

What's the issue? The exhaust only slides into the muffler about 1/2 inch or so, and you'll get some flex out of the flex bits on the exhaust.

If it's really super crazy tight somehow, just loosen off the engine mounting bolts and rotate the engine a bit. You can reset the engine where it was by looking at the witness marks from the washers (line up the bolts and washers with the clean spot on the mounts).
Yes, i have put spray stuff many times on 2 days and i have removed nuts.
Thanks a lot for your help

1 - 16 of 16 Posts