Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting for those who will be removing gear box to change the track, just by removing 4 bolts that hold the gear box, you don't need to remove cover also few little bolt that r attached and just pull it by hand, i'm posting because i was not able to see how to remove that on u-tube or here.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
You can't & do not need to remove the cover to change track, you can even get away with just loosening the bolts just enough to get clearance for the driveshaft with the WT's, the SWTs you don't need to touch the gearbox at all, lots of room. :smile_old:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't & do not need to remove the cover to change track, you can even get away with just loosening the bolts just enough to get clearance for the driveshaft with the WT's, the SWTs you don't need to touch the gearbox at all, lots of room. :smile_old:
is it by just removing the brake rotor, losen the 4 bolts on gear box.

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
is it by just removing the brake rotor, losen the 4 bolts on gear box.
yes sir, i did't do it myself but i watched a fellow do it on a WT, i think it's just as fast and easier to remove the box anyways.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
On a WT you don't need to touch the gearbox to get the shaft in or out. Brake rotor assembly is all that needs to come out to allow the shaft room enough to be slid out of the gearbox.

Loosening the gearbox would definitely give you more room though.

Reactions: Jusipi and suv1
1 - 5 of 5 Posts