Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
stuck...
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy had an 05 600 ho adr x that was extended with tracksusa extensions to 136 and had a 1.5 track on it it had rage cages a snostuff rumble pack and a clutch spring had 21 45 gearing and he loved it it would stand up no matter what and unfortunetley it was stolen he now has a 07 gade x 600 sdi with a 136x1.75 and he is really disappointed with it bc it is a bit of a dog he wants it like his 05 was we know why it wont stand up and that's bc its a 136 skid and the pivot point is different than his 05 bc he has a 121 skid with extensions so can he move the skid faward or will it rub on drivers if not can he get a 121 skid and put his 136 rails on it it was a super fun sled and was so snappy what can we do to make his 07 like his 05 any help is greatly appreciated

·
stuck...
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ttt

·
Registered
925 Posts
07 should have a lower front end as well which keeps it more planted and takes away some of the fun factor. My 05 SS is higher up front and easier to tip over in the deeper stuff than a friends 07ss. I believe it to be because of the front end height. I haven't heard of many people being able to get much ski lift out of the renegades, especially the 600s but I'm sure some people have and will hopefully chime in

·
stuck...
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
07 should have a lower front end as well which keeps it more planted and takes away some of the fun factor. My 05 SS is higher up front and easier to tip over in the deeper stuff than a friends 07ss. I believe it to be because of the front end height. I haven't heard of many people being able to get much ski lift out of the renegades, especially the 600s but I'm sure some people have and will hopefully chime in
how can he change it to the 05 front end

·
Troll Patrol ®
15,529 Posts
The shocks are different in the front. Shorter than the 05s

·
stuck...
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That the only difference. Would 05 shocks bolt right on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I believe the front shocks are the same length and the difference is in the mounts. My 05 sdi is not very strong in the low end either and that's with a dj clutch kit and gearing

·
Troll Patrol ®
15,529 Posts
I suppose the mounts could be different. Ill look into it.

·
stuck...
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what would he need to doo to make his 07 front end like his 05 he has boyseen rage cages coming and just got his sno stuff rumble pack he knows the can wont give him power but his old 05 had a ss rumble pack and he loved the sound will the rage cages give him any power?

·
Troll Patrol ®
15,529 Posts
The cages will maybe give a little better throttle response, I noticed a slight difference when I put my vforce3's. As for the front end, after lookin and reading Im gonna stick with my first statement and say the shocks are shorter, 05 had 18", 07 had 17". That's what I thought, and now what I read. The mounts may be different too, because I heard on here at somepoint that the front ends of the 07s was 2" lower than 05. So if I am correct, different shocks would raise it up, but idk what to do about the mounts.

·
hater on all xrs and freeride owners that drive li
2,307 Posts
Rather than wasting a bunch of money , why not go for some displacement. I've never had an issue raising the front end with an 800.

·
stuck...
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rather than wasting a bunch of money , why not go for some displacement. I've never had an issue raising the front end with an 800.
he don't want another 800 after melting it down and scored pistons bc of crank bearing.

·
Troll Patrol ®
15,529 Posts
So is his skid the rene skid or a 121 w/ extensions? Ur post is a tad hard to follow with no periods and such

Reactions: sled buddy

·
stuck...
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So is his skid the rene skid or a 121 w/ extensions? Ur post is a tad hard to follow with no periods and such
no its a136 sorry about that. it was his 05 that was a 121 with extensions

·
Troll Patrol ®
15,529 Posts
Well if all he wants is it to walk all day its not all that hard. Properly geared, clutched, and a properly set up suspension will allow it to walk whenever, conditions providing.

·
stuck...
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Shocks went from 17.5" to 17" between those years.

If I'm remembering correctly at least...
so could just bolt on 17.5

·
stuck...
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1 - 20 of 21 Posts