Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't seem to find it on this site but anyway,I have an 05 rev ,summit X,The carb boot ripped I never caught it in time and it squeeked a piston,so gonna have a look but don't know how to drain the antifreeze before I pull the head and jug,could someone let me know pls? Thanx in advance

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
The messy way is to disconnect the hose leading into the water pump in the front of the engine. I don't like that way.
I have a syringe like device, about the size of a tube of grease, got it from harbor freight. It is for sucking fluids out of vehicles. I take the cap off the reservoir and attach a flexible hose to my syringe and suck out the antifreeze till I get to the bottom. Then I disconnect the hose at the bottom of the reservoir leading to the water pump and thread my flexible hose all the way down to the pump.
You can get all the fluid out that way, save and reuse it too.

·
Registered
13,545 Posts
I have a piece of fuel line I use for siphoning, it's about six feet long with about two feet of cost hanger in one end so you can stick it into places. Put one end down into the coolant bottle and the other into a jug. Hold a shop vac very close to the mouth of the jug and like magic it siphons all the coolant into the jug.

·
life is short, live long
29,081 Posts
I know im going to sound like a complete tool but my question is, you ask how to drain antifreeze but you're going to tear down your engine? Are you sure you can handle the job?

Sorry but i had to ask.

Reactions: Tbone675

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
i put a big drain pan under the sled and pull the hose/fastest way,,and then run that antifreeze thru a paint strainer filter/big funnel back into a coolant gallon jugg for future use

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
i put a big drain pan under the sled and pull the hose/fastest way,,and then run that antifreeze thru a paint strainer filter/big funnel back into a coolant gallon jugg for future use
Same here but I dont save it. As far as making a mess, all it takes is 2 litre bottle of water dumped in the belly afterwards and the residue is gone.

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
Same here but I dont save it. As far as making a mess, all it takes is 2 litre bottle of water dumped in the belly afterwards and the residue is gone.
i just save it for whatever needs some

1 - 8 of 8 Posts