Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked my dealer if they can revalve my shocks fon my 05 800 Gade X and they said...NO...they dont know how to change compression in my shocks...

Any knows how its done??? Do they need to have a special equipment and so on...

·
Mod'n is my thing
6,288 Posts
Get a Race Manual. It shows how to do it yourself step by step. There are a few tools you need and they are not cheap.

You can look at some of the stuff on www.deycore.com
www.goodwinperformance.com
www.carverperformance.com

they sell the tools and also the shims you need to make your shocks stiffer.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Just a word of causion here.... to revalve a shock is not all that easy even if you have a racing manual. You need to have knowledge to how a shock works, what happens if you screw up, what altering a shock actually does for the ride experience, etc, etc, etc.

Also...the tooling you need is said above rather expensive. Also...the gas you need to fill the shock with is under very high pressure ( 300PSI ) and if you doesn't know what you are doing...you could get hurt in a very bad way.

The parts needed for revalving is not cheap either.

I recomend to let a wellknown company revalve them for you since you probably have no idea how, where or how much to change to get it correct. If it is done wrong you will end up with a darn ugly ride....

·
Mod'n is my thing
6,288 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
REV*BARON said:
Did you notice he/she was from Moscow....as in Russia? I bet it is tough to find any Doo dealers over there. Might find some motorcycle shops that could help out though.

Good Luck,
Chuck
[snapback]258053[/snapback]​
I am HE....and it very easy too find a Doo dealer in Russia, especially in Moscow. there are about 10 or more dealers, I've asked my dealer and he said he has no equipment to Revalve my shocks...and its sucks...

I should try a call others but I doubt that they know anything about it....as my dealer is the oldest and most experinced one...

·
Registered
111 Posts
If I may display my ignorance here for a moment; I have always thought the shocks were not rebuildable. I have the Adrenaline package. Are these shocks rebuildable or not? If they are rebuildable....where can I get them rebuilt. RevBaron...you are near me...do you know where to go locally?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
jlk_250 said:
X models are rebuildable, as are 2003 Sports models. The rest have non-rebuildable shocks.

Jon
'03 Rev Sport
[snapback]259074[/snapback]​
In USA/Canada yes. That is not the fact over here where we live...... Over here the X, the Adrenaline and the Trail all have rebuildable shocks since we ride in worse conditions then you does...I can show you proof of it if you like...

Tough luck for the riders where you live huh?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts