Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 600 ho xp carbed sled that the motor was rebuild from the crank up, the crank shop was who did the crank . Everything else I did myself, so what do i need to do to get it running? I need to add some oil in the gas and hold the oil pump wide open at first for about 30 sec. I also need to make sure the coolant is cycling through the heat exchange. Is that all I need? I'm using amsoil to add in the gas.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I have a 2004 600 ho xp carbed sled that the motor was rebuild from the crank up, the crank shop was who did the crank . Everything else I did myself, so what do i need to do to get it running? I need to add some oil in the gas and hold the oil pump wide open at first for about 30 sec. I also need to make sure the coolant is cycling through the heat exchange. Is that all I need? I'm using amsoil to add in the gas.
Always use mineral oil first couple tanks on a break in. It helps seat the rings much better the synthetic oil. I run pre-mix so I'm not sure about the pump, but it would be a good idea to add oil to the gas that way if the oil line is not bled then you will not have any issues. Also, there is a line that runs out of your oil bottle and to the center of the crank to lubracate the gear for the water pump. Make sure that that line is bled and there is oil in that cavity. . . the gear that runs that pump is made of plastic and can damage fairly easy. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
5,435 Posts
yes, definitely make sure you added oil to the oil/water pump gear before you assembled the rest of the motor. Run it rich on oil with a little premix. You will not hurt or lean out the fuel mix. Make sure the carbs are cleaned and jets are clear( I usually replace mains and pilots with brand new ones, cheap insurance). Run a tank of premix at 100:1 with premium fuel for the first 100 miles or so driving normal, just no prolonged WOT blasts for the first tank of fuel, but short WOT bursts are fine. After that start laying the wheat to her. She will go or blow in the first 200 miles.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so i need to drain the amsoil out and get mineral oil. But if you don't start your sled until you run it to seat thr rings,how do you bled the air out of the cooling system?

·
Registered
9,622 Posts
I need some help on how bled the cooling system? if I do what was in post you told me to read.
jack the front end up a foot higher than the rear/fill with coolant,,any airpockets will float upward,,run it min or 2/watch,fill,,coolant level in tank/crank the oil pump arm till lots of smoke comes out exhaust,,

had 150psi/both cyls within 40mi/2hrs,,my new 2010 600ho shortblock last season,,,3/7mi varied smooth to full thr runs with 15min cool downs,,then 20mi back,,,,,synth oil for breakin also(if that is what you use)waste of time too change it//unless you have a 4 cycle eng,,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts