Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to adjust the belt ride height on my 03 600 HO Sport, in my secondary clutch. I'm not familiar with this clutch, I'm used to having a dial for adjustment, but all I see are three bolts. Is this clutch adjustable? How is it done? I'm guessing that something needs to be done with the three bolts. My other question is that it looks like it will be a tight fit, if not impossible, to get a socket into the holes that the bolts recessed into. You can tell that I haven't tried this yet, but will a regular socket fit in there?

G

·
thomasjd100 said:
Stupid question. What will raising the belt height gain you?
[snapback]265591[/snapback]​
Having the proper belt deflection will issure you are starting off in the lowest gear possible and give better performance and longer belt life.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Speed. You will not get the speed your sled has the potential for if your belt is not set up correctly. If it's too low your sled will feel like a dog, too high -- well you'll be buying a new belt in no time anyway. Should sit 1/16" - 1/8" above the secondary.

·
Registered
527 Posts
you should have the belt ride 1/16 of an inch above the clutch. it should be above the clutch at idle... joev

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thomasjd100 said:
There are no stupid questions... Just stupid people! Read and learn smart guy.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Dave911 said:
thomasjd100 said:
There are no stupid questions... Just stupid people! Read and learn smart guy.

[snapback]265876[/snapback]​
I believe that Dave911 wasn't calling anyones question stupid. He wanted to know how the belt height affects the sled.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I just did my 04. It has 3 bolts, I loosened them with 10mm wrench, turned the ramped adjuster and spun the secondary(by hand sled off the ground) until I had about 1/16 ride above the secondary. I don't have any allen screws, that must be the old style secondary.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I was told at my dealer to only loosen the top two bolts first, #'s up.
Then back out the third one, bottom bolt, a turn or two at a time,
and work the clutch in by hand, bringing the belt up out of the secondary.
This will prevent you from going too far.
I'm assuming this means my belt is worn and has stretched, requiring adjustment.

·
Registered
165 Posts
GadeX said:
I was told at my dealer to only loosen the top two bolts first, #'s up.
Then back out the third one, bottom bolt, a turn or two at a time,
and work the clutch in by hand, bringing the belt up out of the secondary.
This will prevent you from going too far.
I'm assuming this means my belt is worn and has stretched, requiring adjustment.
[snapback]266531[/snapback]​
take it to the top , bill tell us how to do adjust this the proper way please.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts