Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a few other posts here for different year/model, i highly doubt their will be any difference for mine but better safe than sorry.

Wahts the tallest lug track i can get onto my 06 gade using the original drivers (10t? 1.25") or if i switched to 9t drivers?

Im looking to probably grab a 2" track to throw on when we go play in the powder way the heck out in the stix and throw on the 1.25 for normal trail riding and whatnot.

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks, im not sure if i want to chance it trying to get it int here with the 10t drivers.

I havent taken a good look up in there yer but whats involved in swapping the drivers to 9t? Are they just press on?

·
2011 RMK PRO 155
8,136 Posts
06MXZXRenegade800 said:
Cool thanks, im not sure if i want to chance it trying to get it int here with the 10t drivers.

I havent taken a good look up in there yer but whats involved in swapping the drivers to 9t? Are they just press on?
[snapback]704619[/snapback]​
yup, Press off and new ones pressed on, I would reccomend your dealer dooing this, so everything lines up. The Regular drivers are 4 peices, and the Extros are only 2 peices. With the ammount of snow a 2in Paddle moves, I would reccomend extros to avoid track ratcheting.

·
Registered
110 Posts
[/quote]

Yes, they press on. I switched mine to 9 tooth extros with a 2in lug. Make sure you make some marks on the shaft before you start pressing them off. Just so you know where the new ones go.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
The extros are recommended for obvious reasons but not necessary. I ran a 2" on my 04 (10T) with no problems. I did go to the 9T extros so I could run the track loser but not needed for track clearance. Remove the tunnel protecters with the track is NOT notched.

BTW: I thought I was going to swap my tracks and only run the 2" in the mountains but actually prefer it on all the time. Given we normally ride as much off trail as possible and I don't care much about top end.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
bowhunter1 said:
Yes, they press on. I switched mine to 9 tooth extros with a 2in lug. Make sure you make some marks on the shaft before you start pressing them off. Just so you know where the new ones go.

[snapback]704628[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Seeing how the extros are completely different marking the shaft does little good... Once everything is out put the shaft on the track (aligned correctly) and put a square on the floor up against the track. Now measure from the edge of the track (sqaure) to the center of the drivers. Note this measurement and use it to align the new drivers..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Seeing how the extros are completely different marking the shaft does little good... Once everything is out put the shaft on the track (aligned correctly) and put a square on the floor up against the track. Now measure from the edge of the track (sqaure) to the center of the drivers. Note this measurement and use it to align the new drivers..
[snapback]704641[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I don't mark the exsiting drivers, Just center punch the dead center of the shaft. Then measure out from there.

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
bowhunter1 said:
[snapback]704641[/snapback]​
I don't mark the exsiting drivers, Just center punch the dead center of the shaft. Then measure out from there.
[snapback]704645[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Yeah, I understand that but the center to the "edge" of a std driver will not be the same as the center to the "edge" of an extro. Unless you are putting a square (would it fit) in there and measuring from the center of the shaft to the center of the drivers I can't see how this would work.

I guess the point is.. However you do it make sure you get a measurement so you know exactly where the "center" of the drivers need to be aligned..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah, I understand that but the center to the "edge" of a std driver will not be the same as the center to the "edge" of an extro. Unless you are putting a square (would it fit) in there and measuring from the center of the shaft to the center of the drivers I can't see how this would work.

I used a digital caliper and it seemed to work but i'm sure other people have other ways that work also.

I guess the point is.. However you do it make sure you get a measurement so you know exactly where the "center" of the drivers need to be aligned..
[snapback]704652[/snapback]​
[/quote]

I agree 100%

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow you guys are hacks, 5 unsuccessful quotes

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
works fine for me

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
im not sure, all the quote tags show up for me. always have...

Their must be some cat riders online, just having them online messes up the boards

crazybowhunterdude said:
It worked!
The cat rider must have left

1 - 18 of 18 Posts