Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
mxzrider500 said:
I was just wondering because my boss uses a full one but i dont want to use too much......
[snapback]293080[/snapback]​
I was always taught to use only as much iso as you think you have water in your tank, even a quarter of a bottle is overkill, in a full tankit won't hurt but you really only need a small amount.

·
Registered
799 Posts
All the 150ml bottles ive used say a full one for 60 litres. 10 gal is 40 litres so between 1/2 and 3/4 of a bottle. I find myself filling up when i know I can get good gas, not when I'm empty, and only having to put a capful in it.
I voted 1/2 a bottle per, thats what every mech has always told me.

Hey what about those water eliminators? they work? Ive also seen gas line that has "water eliminating agents" - talked to a few chemists, they say impossible for iso to eliminate water. What do people think?

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I don't think the iso was made to eliminate water is it? I don't think it can delete it. I think it chemically reacts to water to be able to pass it through the carbs and motor without harming anything. That's what I was told by a Bombarider tech. I really don't know, just passing that on.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I usually put a half of a bottle to a full tank. Even if you put a full bottle of Iso to a full tank of gas it will not hurt it at all. I run a half of a bottle in every tank and have no problems. just dont use the methylene or whatever it is that is the stuff that will hurt your motor.

·
Metalhead
9,228 Posts
I put one of those $1.29 150ml [5oz] bottles in each tank, no matter how cold or warm. I keep about 2 to 4 bottles in the trunk of my 440 all the time.

Never burned down since I started to use that stuff.

Iso does not let water freeze.

So say you stop for a beer somewhere, your warm carb cools off you get condensation happening, you go out and run the sled again, a water droplet turns into ice, blocks off mainjet momentarily.....burrrrrrndown.

Iso in tank does not let the water freeze, keeps the agua in liquid form so the water will pass through the main jet and not block it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.