Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Have not had the light come on but usually warnings are conservative (good margin to E). I find with one bar left on guage I still have 10L (about 2 Imperial gallons) left in the tank. That is still 25% of capacity. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I always was told 9 litres left in the tank, but who knows how much it can draw from the bottom.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Sometimes I have a full tank when my light comes on... Sometimes half.... It works like garbage. I use my trip. At 100 miles I'm looking for gas

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sometimes I have a full tank when my light comes on... Sometimes half.... It works like garbage. I use my trip. At 100 miles I'm looking for gas
I usually use the trip to but last time I put gas in I didn't completely fill it or reset my trip so it's kind of a guessing game. Sounds like I got a minimum of 2 gal / 20+ miles so I "should" be able to make it to a gas station. Thanks for the help fellas, here's a pic from today.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,986 Posts
I usually use the trip to but last time I put gas in I didn't completely fill it or reset my trip so it's kind of a guessing game. Sounds like I got a minimum of 2 gal / 20+ miles so I "should" be able to make it to a gas station. Thanks for the help fellas, here's a pic from today.
Glad to see someone's got snow cause there isn't any here..

·
Regular ol' run-of-the-mill Member
5,646 Posts
Sounds like I got a minimum of 2 gal / 20+ miles so I "should" be able to make it to a gas station.
I made that assumption once. Resulted in a 6 mile walk under the stars...

For me it has been approx 14 miles from low fuel light to shutdown. Did it twice actually. But 2nd walk was only a few hundred feet and was not a surprise or a "situation" like the other time was.

So if/when my low fuel light ever comes on again? I will consider it an emergency. And I now carry 2 gallons in a tunnel mounted can everywhere I go.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Those trails don't look half bad. Where are you riding at?

·
Registered
9,148 Posts
All the latest snow is going to New York City and Washington, D.C. They don't know what to do with snow--except complain how much it sucks. Haha, the fun they will never know!
Temp jack, my apologies.

·
life is short, live long
29,081 Posts
My 14 Indy had the gas cap float guage. Actually worked pretty good. Quite accurate.

·
Registered
9,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well when the light finally came on it took me another 1.2 miles to get to the gas station and after burping it twice it took 7.51 gal so I had a good 3 gal / 30+ miles left when the light came on.

·
Super Moderator
17,986 Posts
its never been the same twice for me. I loathe the ski doo fuel gauges, for more than a decade they've sucked. Id trust the bayonet gauge on a 73 panther before my current sleds.
Yep same here. All the yamahas I owned had very reliable gauges but every skidoo I've had since 04 has not had a gas guage worth anything. They should stop putting them on cause they never work anyway.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts