Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
my sled was origonally a 04 500ss trail it has RER ... since than i have put on all new x shocks and springs, highraise kit, fixed windsheils, handguards, 1.5 inch camoplast track, lower gearing, reeds, canister, rk tek head, gas caddy, yellow ski tips, xenon bulbs, it has new slides, and about 3700 miles.... origonal complete motor... never blown, and 90% of the miles are in northern maine.......

Extremely Clean.....

Looking to see how much i can get for it, i am getting a truck soon for my 16th birthday in march so i was want to see what i can get for it

Thanks, Ray

·
Registered
784 Posts
your gonna have a harder time selling it with the mods you have on it, probably end up selling it for $$3700

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what if i went back to stock.... than what would i be looking at? it wouldnt be very hard to put on the other shocks and handlebars... and stock windsheild.

·
Registered
784 Posts
You might get a person that wants the stuff you have on it, but I'm just saying the majority of people would be leery of the heads for example. I say you could get anywhere from $3700-$4300, because its the end of the season. go to www.nada.com to look up what they think its worth

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
I'm interrested in the head if it gets parted out!

(did it really help much?)

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
I can buy a 06 Mxz 500 SS Trail brand new down the road for $5,700, so go from there.

·
Straight out a Compton!
4,065 Posts
Deadman said:
I can buy a 06 Mxz 500 SS Trail brand new down the road for $5,700, so go from there.
[snapback]736136[/snapback]​
Same there's one in the paper $5,100 brand new from dealer 1 yr war. rer, etc......

·
Registered
396 Posts
BlairM7c47c said:
Deadman said:
[snapback]736136[/snapback]​
Same there's one in the paper $5,100 brand new from dealer 1 yr war. rer, etc......
[snapback]736141[/snapback]​
Hi,

What dealer has 06 ski doo 500ss trail for $5100?

thanks

·
Ukranian Mafia
5,539 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
i tried selling mine but decided not to it's harder selling them with addons and parts then stock unless you catch someones eyes and that's what they want, most of the time people don't want them on so they still want a deal and basically all the addons just help sell it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
That's the bad thing about sleds they don't hold their value at all. I would say if you can get anything over 3000 for it you will be doing good. This time of the year it's going to be hard selling it. I sold a 01 500 last winter and I was lucky to get 2500 for it and it only had 900 miles on it. We live on a major highway and I had it sitting in our front yard with a for sale sign on it. Had a ton of people stop and look at it and make rediculous offers. I finally put it on ebay and got 2500 for it.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Sell it stock and sell the extras seperate

my sled was origonally a 04 500ss trail 1.5 inch camoplast track 3500 +/- more in our area
all new x shocks and springs $3-400
highraise kit $50
fixed windsheils handguards 50 ,
lower gearing 15
reeds 150
canister 150+/-???
rk tek head 250
gas caddy 25

total 4500+/-

·
Registered
984 Posts
i think it will sell fast stock and if u really doo want to sell it id sell the aftermarket parts on here since people already want them... but it only takes 1 guy who wants all that stuff to buy it from u its a +/- thing its relly

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
add ons to anything you buy are just that, add ons. they do not add any value to the unit unless, the person that is buying is interested in the same mods. the sled is still the same price depending on condition, time of year and location. whatever the market will bear is what the sled will fetch. the best bet for you is to put it all back to stock and sell the mods seperately. that way you will get the price of the sled in your region, and a bonus for all the mod stuff you will sell. now with that said. you will only be able to sell the mods for about 50% of what you paid for them but, it will give you more more than just giving them away. ski

·
Saco Pathfinders Snowmobile Club Chairman of the B
2,974 Posts
Let me ask you this why would you sell this sled after all the mods you have done to it. Doo hasn't came out with any radical changes I have ridden a 06 800 ptek-X and compared to my 03.5 Blair not much of a difference to me. 07 more BNG

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well the sled blew up, so now i am deciding on what i want to do.... If i should do a big bore.. or what

Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts