Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Metalhead
9,032 Posts
My kit comes with primary spring 4200 engagment, secondary spring, SMT helix and pin kit.
You would install 25g in clicker 3
Normal to see up to 500 rpms lower cruising speed at 65mph, increased fuel mileage....however flip the throttle and whammo 8~8100 rpms, hang on.

Compared to stock clutch calibration; When pinning the throttle, 2 lengths bang, leaping right off the line and keeps accelerating away to top end by about 5~6 lengths.
The engine rpms follows your thumbtip when playing with the throttle; backshift is incredible. Tach needle pegs 8100 and stays there.
Jump the snowbank and actually get in snow breaking trail, normal to see 5mph more track speed without rpm loss.
Clutch temperatures are lower
3~5mph increase over stock on snowed trail.
Accepts 25,24,23 top gears
Use stock belt

Guys who snow drag, change secondary spring, reduce clicker to 2, run engine at 7700 - hang on!

$369 Kit [Canadian funds]

Reactions: AA1

·
Registered
221 Posts
My kit comes with primary spring 4200 engagment, secondary spring, SMT helix and pin kit.
You would install 25g in clicker 3
Normal to see up to 500 rpms lower cruising speed at 65mph, increased fuel mileage....however flip the throttle and whammo 8~8100 rpms, hang on.

Compared to stock clutch calibration; When pinning the throttle, 2 lengths bang, leaping right off the line and keeps accelerating away to top end by about 5~6 lengths.
The engine rpms follows your thumbtip when playing with the throttle; backshift is incredible. Tach needle pegs 8100 and stays there.
Jump the snowbank and actually get in snow breaking trail, normal to see 5mph more track speed without rpm loss.
Clutch temperatures are lower
3~5mph increase over stock on snowed trail.
Accepts 25,24,23 top gears
Use stock belt

Guys who snow drag, change secondary spring, reduce clicker to 2, run engine at 7700 - hang on!

$369 Kit [Canadian funds]

how much in U.S dollars?? for 07 600 sdi

·
Registered
205 Posts
In the end you get what you pay for. The Ibackshift clutch kits are awesome. They come with everything you need to be able to adjust it for your riding elevation.
You can get other kits but make sure you know what you are getting in the kit!
Does it come with springs and weights? Does it have a helix that will achieve what you want it to do?
Do your research.

·
Metalhead
9,032 Posts
Thanks for the cheers, but I have bad news.
Sorry to say, I have nothing for clutching for the REV sled anymore. I have no helixes, nothing as Dalton has discontinued making them.
All I have is for 2008 QRS XM/XS/G4~5 and newer.
I think I was the last guy standing making REV clutch kits and Ive no idea of any competitor who’s making them anymore.
Joey

·
ChiefOgemaw
1,198 Posts
That sucks to hear Joe.

If anyone has a good kit for an '07 600SDI, I'd be interested.
watch forums and eBay for used S8R4 helix. I am sure Dynamo Joe can set you up with everything else you need.
Awesome for my 2006 600 SDI. Took me a while to find one after my high torque fiber secondary rollers shattered / went bad and ruined my helix.
Still need to redo my secondary With new helix. I ended up getting another secondary and ran that last. With Covid and aback up sled. I never took it out last yea.

A question forJoe also, do the high torque rollers go bad often?
who has the best replacement rollers? I will need them for my 2022 Gade XRS, Have 1,500 miles on it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts