Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be intersting to see how much money people have invested in accesories for there sled. Myself i figure i have about 2000 in extra's on my sled what about everyone else

·
Registered
128 Posts
98_formula_III_600 said:
I thought it would be intersting to see how much money people have invested in accesories for there sled. Myself i figure i have about 2000 in extra's on my sled what about everyone else
[snapback]698382[/snapback]​
Wow, 2000 in extras, I have maybe $500 in extra things. Just things to make it look better. No real performance mods

G

·
lets see, studs,reeds, spacers,ceramic/can/y,handuards,risers,ext,new wheels,flap,tunnel ext/handle,.windshield,tunnel supports(cat lol) ,camoplast ripsaw1.25,studs,extreme cover,slides,grips, id have to say 1500.00 easily this season....not to include preventive maintenance stuff......its worth it when ....it starts and runs flawlessly every time

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
This year a little over $2500 into a Big John 840, reeds, riser,hand guards,440x secodary, boss seat, led light,upper gear, so prolly a little over $3000. Prior to this over $1500 with new ski's, new track, studs, supports, pipe, can, ripco's, slp flow rites, clutch kit, yellow bling/windshield etc... Next year stretch it to a 136" and then run it into its grave!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Well, I spent most of my riding money this year on accessories since there hasn't been any show. Hopefully It will be a good feb. and March.

Lets see Dyno Port can, billet rear idlers, gas cap, and pull handle, upgraded to a Rev-Baron 6"riser, with X bars, prefilter, ss break line, changed colors on shock protectors, and added chasis braces. I sold a lot of my old stuff and did pretty good, but I think I spent around 800.00 This year. Over the past few years I've added Powder Pro skis, Oil Cady, Tunnel bag, low windshield, and +++. Probably another 500.00. Now thats just to the sled. I've also bought this year an snowcross helmet and 2 sets of goggles and last year I upgraded all my gear to Klim jacket, bibs and boots +++ probably another 1000.00.

Wow that is an expensive 150 miles this year. I better make it up the second half of this season. Oh well I love spending money on this sport.

·
Out of a job yet? Keep buying your foreign cars an
1,279 Posts
xdude said:
I dont like to even think about it

[snapback]698951[/snapback]​
Me neither. But my sled has more than taken good care of me ( and the competition
)

G

·
xdude said:
I dont like to even think about it

[snapback]698951[/snapback]​
ya no kidding the price you pay originally,....then what they depreciate in the first year make me a little sick. its just worth keeping,.....besides even to a person that can appreciate all the extras and pristine condition............still not worth getting rid of. besides what do i buy next a 10k pos that blows up every 300 miles????? confused in the northeast

·
Registered
872 Posts
lets see.... 2 windsheilds, 1 highraise kit... all x shocks and springs... 1.5 inch track.. handguards.. lights... shockcovers... picks... sliders.. v force reeds.... rk tek head... dynoport canister... ski tips...

and more I THINK THAT I WIN.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Makes me sick to even think about it....still got more to spent...lol

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
and more I THINK THAT I WIN.
[snapback]708005[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Umm...lets see. I just recently added up the bills but I'm embarrassed to say how much all this cost me. You guess. Since one year ago today this is my list in the order I bought it all.

'01 800MXZ, yellow running board trim, yellow grills, yellow pull handle, split headlamp mould, yellow precision skis, VF3 reeds and spacers, dynoport can and pipe, ceramic coat the whole exhaust, '02 MXZ800 adrenaline, more yellow grills, yellow headlamp covers, 4 xenon bulbs, another yellow pull handle, cudney pistons and rings, new hardware and gaskets, temp guage kit, 4 sets of SB shaper bars, PowerMadd hanguards and mounts, X package front shocks, lots of new hardware and bushings, 1.25" ripsaw track, new bearings for drive shaft, 6 new idler bearings, 4 yellow sliders, cudney clutch kit, 25T gear, '02 x bars, PowerMadd pivot riser, new grips, new DOO y-pipe and 7 springs, ..... lots left to DOO....

All this plus new gear, some tools and a whole lot of elbow grease. Between me and my brother we've cranked on about 10000kms this season alone so we're getting our money's worth. I'll post a pic of our collection of 4L oil jugs. Should have bought it by the barrel!

Since these aren't my only toys and nothing stock seems right I couldn't put all my dollars in my DOOs....

·
Registered
536 Posts
bobber said:
Define "invested".
[snapback]698861[/snapback]​
Invested?? I invest my money in stocks, mutual funds, options, and real estate. Good investments (ie: assets) make you money, liabilities cost you money
Hehe

Now, as far as how much money have I blown on my liabilities (my sleds), well.... I have under $5500 in both sleds and the trailer; including the cost to rebuild the trailer and doo some repairs and maintenance to the sleds after I bought them. That includes things like new plugs, oil, belts, clean-up, registrations in two states, etc.

When I bought my sled, it already had yellow Precision skis, yellow grills, and a yellow belly pan. We have not changed anything on my wife's sled, as it is identical to mine with the exception of the above mentioned pieces, which makes them just a touch different.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wow there's some serious dough put into these sleds lol i'm glad that people like to customize and personalize there sled

1 - 19 of 19 Posts