Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
I installed new clutch springs in my clutches. I have a Cudney's kit. The springs only have 150 miles on them. What do you guys think? I've never pulled them out of any sled for the summer before. Am I wasting my time?? The sled has been sitting since February.

Sorry for the incomplete words in the topic and title. I was in a rush and didn't see it. Sucks that we can't correct things like that.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I installed new clutch springs in my clutches. I have a Cudney's kit. The springs only have 150 miles on them. What do you guys think? I've never pulled them out of any sled for the summer before. Am I wasting my time?? The sled has been sitting since February.

Sorry for the incomplete words in the topic and title. I was in a rush and didn't see it. Sucks that we can't correct things like that.
I've read a lot of topics on summerizing sleds, and not a single topic has suggested removing the springs from the primary & secondary clutches. So I think your okay to leave them installed. Unless you get bored

Ben

·
Registered
9,946 Posts
Personally, I think that's going a little too far. When a primary spring begins to sag / lose some of it's free length you'll notice a lower engagement rpm / a boggy take off. Just my opinion but I'd wait till you have symptoms and then replace your clutch spring(s)...

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
waste of my time IMO. Ive never removed them and never had one that didnt last thousands of miles.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Wasted effort just buy new clutch springs their only like $30 worth replacing every fall anyway, just my 02 cents

1 - 7 of 7 Posts