Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to see how many guys with a 03 REV 800 and over 3000 miles, have had nothing but good luck? All you/I ever hear about is bad luck, rings, pto seal, etc etc etc. And that crap worries me, Id like to hear the good stuff and feel happy.

Oh and I thought you could see the piston rings through the reed holes? I guess not, the piston doesnt go down that far so I guess Id have to pull off my Y pipe?

·
Registered
2017 900 NA X Doo didnt make it so I did
2,864 Posts
Just got mine back yesterday. I've got 2873 miles and thought that it was all just hype. Well after two new rings and PTO bearings with seals, I can say it's true. I hope that these last a little longer than the old ones.THANKS DOO

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
If you READ on this sight there is big problems and everyone is putting their 2 cents in and their fix, I have never had a problem and a friend of mine has a 3.5 Blair Morgan with 5400 miles on it and it still kicks "edit for bad language" with other manu. sleds, go figure. Look after it use good oil and it won't let you down, that goes for all sleds.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
1201 miles before rings and PTO seals and bearings and primary clutch governor cup

·
Registered
100 Posts
Snowaholic said:
I've got 5500+ on mine, have done rings twice and crank seals once. Guess it's all just hype.

Norm
[snapback]279344[/snapback]​
I've been thinking about purchasing a rev 800 after I sell my 440, but know I'm having second thoughts. Sounds like there is some issues with the 800 motor. Does it affect all the Rev 800's? Or is it mainly one year or model?

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
03 series III motors

·
Registered
387 Posts
2500 hard miles stock rings and pistons always ran doo synt,this website scared me into changing pistons and rings stock ones still looked like new! had pto seal done when machine was new from dealer said they were having issues ill keep spending $40 us for a gallon of doo synthetic!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have 2 04 800 X's, one with 3400 miles and one with 3000 and each has the original rings. At the end of this year they will both have close to 5000 and I will replace the rings in both. Not because Doo sucks and I hate them and the rings and my sled, but because I love the sleds, will ride them again one more year and I think at 5000 miles any sled could benefit from fresh rings with that mileage.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man that's only a couple without problems. I only was looking for guys with higher mileage that never had one of the major problems. Ive read all about the bad things.
I kinda wanted to keep my Blair REV its been awesome, but if I only hear bad things it will inspire me to get rid of it.

·
Registered
605 Posts
only 1500 miles, but no problems at all so far........

PTO seal - good
rings....well, compression is fine, and I'm neck in neck with my buddy's 05 F7 snow pro
doesn't stall going into RER
I'm not messing with it till it gives me a reason to

lol

·
Registered
471 Posts
My friend has an 03 800X with 5500 miles and claims he has just replaced 1 belt, and probably some plugs. I have one too, that I got this year, brand new, with no problems (other than one of my rear boggy wheel nuts fell out - dealer claims was set-up related..), but I only have 350 miles, 14 hours....

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I have an 03 800X. I bought it used with 2200 miles and it needed a ring job before I even had a chance to ride it. I brought it home, pulled the PTO side RAVE valve, saw obvious pitting, and brought it back to the dealer. He replaced the rings with the ceramic chrome rings. I currently have a PTO seal retainer on order from AIRDOO to help with that problem.

I have a question! How many people that had the PTO seal problem also needed new bearings? If the bearings were bad was it because of the seal or something else?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Just got back from a weekend ride and I now have 930 miles on my 05 800 Gade X. Only thing I did is smoke a belt (shredded it to noodles) at about 850 miles. Other than that still got the original spark plugs in it. Running synthetic oil as well. I absolutly love this machine and will never go back to a 121 track again.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.