Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 formula 500 that i bought in 2001 it had under 2k now i am at 4,025. It still has just about origional everything. Maybe i am making a mistake putting new slp skis and a sc10II in this sled but i figure i might get another 2 years out of it. How many miles do ski-doo twins go? I know the tripples seem to crash fast because of the bearing problems, as i recently discovered with a 98 formula III i picked up. But my formula 500 still runs great, 120psi in both cylinders. I always have changed chaincase oil and cleaned the carbs and tried to keep it in the best shape possible that is why it still looks brand new. But when should i worry about drive bearings and my clutches? Should i clean the clutches and replace the bearing this summer for fun(lol). The way it runs i wouldn't be surprised to get 7k or more out of it. should hit around 5,500 by the end of the year. I would like to hear how long everyone elses ski-doo's have ran for.
mark

·
Registered
70 Posts
a friend had a 95 mx 470 that blew at 12,000 and thats no bull! top of piston came off so we honed it and put in to new pistons.and he is still beatting on it.now he rides it around here.blew it tring to keep up with a mach z!!ha ha it was a good sled rode it manley in canada.

·
E-Tec Rules
34,769 Posts

My Dad has a 98 f III 700 he bought it with 0 miles in 99 and in 2004 it has 13,500

and it still Runs GREAT

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
31,536 Posts
My '94 Formula Z engine lasted longer than the chassis. Last I knew the engine had over 14,000 miles on it. It has been used in 3 different sleds and 1 season on water crossing duty. Tough motor. My '96 MXZ, when I lost track of it, had over 12,000 miles on it and that sled had never been touch. Again, tough motor. Both 583's BTW.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.