Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am wondering what you guys are getting for kilometres (or miles) on a full tank of gas. I own a 600 HO (non-SDI) Renegade and, like the rest of you, know the only use of the gauge is telling you whether you are accelerating or braking! (Think your low on fuel? Slam on the brakes) This doesnt' bother me any, because I always remember to set my tripmeter.

Origionally I figured about 120 km. But then I started thinking about the fact that this engine gets probably 10-11 mpg. I also recall (maybe wrongly) that a tank holds 12 gallons. If this is true, you can get far more then 120 km on a tank.

So if you have any numbers, please let me know. I'm not looking for "do a search", this would only take 10 seconds to answer.

On trail or off trail, doesn't matter to me.

Thank you very much,
Cam

·
ITs WINTER!
7,500 Posts
Heres what im getting on my 06 800 ptek

5.48km/L
13mpg (us)
15mpg (uk)

I can do about 200km of decent riding then its time to find gas, i figure you should be around the same depending how you ride.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey,

Thanks for the responses. But really, what is considered fast, I have no idea to be honest. Sometimes I have it pinned, but that is a rareity, not that many straightaways around here for that. Generally always above 100 km/h though. So at least 160 km, thats pretty good!

Thanks,
Cam

·
ITs WINTER!
7,500 Posts
Well when i calculated my mileage i was doing about 30km/h through the trails and 120-140km/h on the lakes. Not driving like a raped ape but not granny driving either.

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
I have found that when driving really slow (since we have so little snow and have to take my time to not meet a stump the wrong way) my gas mileage isn't as good as when I get to the groomed trails and ride between 60-70 kmh. I usually get 200 kms to a tank on my 550 and slightly more on my 500 gt. I've never actually let them run dry, don't want to suck dirt up into the carbs.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Tharkun said:
Hi,

I am wondering what you guys are getting for kilometres (or miles) on a full tank of gas. I own a 600 HO (non-SDI) Renegade and, like the rest of you, know the only use of the gauge is telling you whether you are accelerating or braking! (Think your low on fuel? Slam on the brakes) This doesnt' bother me any, because I always remember to set my tripmeter.

Origionally I figured about 120 km. But then I started thinking about the fact that this engine gets probably 10-11 mpg. I also recall (maybe wrongly) that a tank holds 12 gallons. If this is true, you can get far more then 120 km on a tank.

So if you have any numbers, please let me know. I'm not looking for "do a search", this would only take 10 seconds to answer.

Thank you very much,
Cam
[snapback]701447[/snapback]​
2005 gtx limited 600 SDI

Riding hard on the trails. 15mpg.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I figured out tank is 8.8imp I get anywhere around 11 hard riding to 13.5 if I try to cruise below 7000rpm most of the time w/ a few short bursts just cause its an 800. I calculate 4.54 l/gall. imp. But maybe will get better w/ more miles on sled. Have only 550 miles so far. Had '02 ren 800 got between 10 and 12 mpg

Thank you very much,
Cam
[snapback]701447[/snapback]​
[/quote]

·
Registered
16 Posts
I figured out tank is 8.8imp I get anywhere around 11 hard riding to 13.5 if I try to cruise below 7000rpm most of the time w/ a few short bursts just cause its an 800. I calculate 4.54 l/gall. imp. But maybe will get better w/ more miles on sled. Have only 550 miles so far. Had '02 ren 800 got between 10 and 12 mpg

·
Registered
167 Posts
I rode with someone that had 03 600 HO non-SDI and got just over 90 mile before it ran out of gas (that's about 9 mpg). I have 05 600 HO SDI grade and get between 14-17 mpg. I like to ride pretty hard between the corners and on the straight aways open her up.

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
I went out with the boys two weeks ago. Took the passenger seat off. And averaged 50-55 mph all trail riding. Heavy on the gas out of turns and I got 13.3 mpg. With my wife on last weekend still heavy on the gas at turns 11.4 mpg and had 1/2 of a gallon left at fill up. We were all betting if I would make the gas station.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Well as you can tell alot of variations so I would recommend doing your own calculations........ ride about 100 miles then fill your sled up....... ride another 100 miles and fill your sled up do this 3 or 4 times average it and then figure you have a 10 gallon (on the moderate side) tank and go from there........... I never worry until I am around 130 miles...... besides I have a jerry can on back with 3 gallons just in case!!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.