Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 1700 miles on my ZX, only problem so far was the tail light quit working. Trying to dial the suspension in on mine, haven't gotten the rear skid to perform like I want it to yet. On big bumps it is bottoming out at the front of the rear skid. Just stiffened the spring on the front arm tonight, shortened the spring up by a little over an inch. Also turned the red nut on the rear arm as far as it will go clockwise and turned the inner adjustment one more click to clockwise. Gotta run it some more now to check.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Zert,
I just got back from Quebec yesterday. Put 855 mile on in 3.25 days. Sled ran great no..... engine lights, etc. However, it did bottom out on just about anything. I think the shocks are too soft... I have the X too. I'd like to try a few things but there is no slow at home and didn't want to mess with it on my trip. I have the low speed of back from full so 4 out of 5 and and high at half way, rear spings on 3. I basically was scared to get the sled off the ground cuz I almost lost it a few times.

the only other thing I noticed was it would shot flames sometimes when I decel and come to a stop..... also noticed my right silver idler wheels are dark w/ a sut on them and the sled leaves a little trail of sut in deep powder..... my buddies 600SDI leaves a trail too but mine it 10x worse........ but my plug color is perfect. What do your wheels look like? I'll be posting a separate thread on this so keep your eyes open.

keep me posted hwo you make out with the suspension. Right now I hate it on anything besides perfectly groomed stuff.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I just had it at the dealer before my trip for the coolant update and TOLD them to check the cables and they have it checked off on the work order. I'll read the post too, thanks.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Kirch,

Speaking of flame trail, I checked the belly pan on mine, just behind the exhaust exit and the plastic is melted through, (small hole). My buds is alomst as bad. Both '06 Mach X.

·
Registered
831 Posts
see my new post w/ a pic of the rear wheel w/ sut.

·
Registered
19 Posts
06 was fast during breakin period than slowed down. just had the 06.5 update and it has seemed to wake it right up. very close to my non updated 05.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Kirch said:
Zert,
I just got back from Quebec yesterday. Put 855 mile on in 3.25 days. Sled ran great no..... engine lights, etc. However, it did bottom out on just about anything. I think the shocks are too soft... I have the X too. I'd like to try a few things but there is no slow at home and didn't want to mess with it on my trip. I have the low speed of back from full so 4 out of 5 and and high at half way, rear spings on 3. I basically was scared to get the sled off the ground cuz I almost lost it a few times.

the only other thing I noticed was it would shot flames sometimes when I decel and come to a stop..... also noticed my right silver idler wheels are dark w/ a sut on them and the sled leaves a little trail of sut in deep powder..... my buddies 600SDI leaves a trail too but mine it 10x worse........ but my plug color is perfect. What do your wheels look like? I'll be posting a separate thread on this so keep your eyes open.

keep me posted hwo you make out with the suspension. Right now I hate it on anything besides perfectly groomed stuff.
[snapback]700223[/snapback]​
Highgear Suspension. I didn't want to spend another $2500 but found that it was the only way to ride the fat mach on the trail without it destroying itself. I broke the front arm in the 05 mach and that in turn bent the tunnel, broke the right rail and ripped the driver nubs off the inside of the track. Off course this was 600 miles into a 1200 mile loop in Northern ontario. BRP rplaced everything under warranty for this season. On Dec 22 I found the a-hole driving on the wrong side of the trail and hit him head on. My 05 was totaled. I put the hygear suspension in the 06 replacement mach. It will not bottom out but yet it is still plush due to the triple rate springs.

·
Registered
831 Posts
wonder if hygear can re spring and revalve my shock? I'm not spending $2500 on top of a $12k X package.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts