Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive never had a primary apart before. how difficult is it?

·
Registered
588 Posts
its pretty easy . when you remove the primary from the crank leave the tool in it . i heat up the center shaft a little . hit the tool with a hammer a few times and it should pop apart . then unscrew the tool . and there you go . if you want to change the spring you will need another tool for that .

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
Unless you have all the correct tools and have seen it done at least once I would not attempt. Yes, it's not that difficult if you know what you are doing but the new TRA-V can be a beast to get off the sled the first time and also to remove the governer cup/moveable sheave from the fixed sheave. There are balance marks and green loctite to address also. The clutch spins at close to 8000 rpms. It's not something you want to put back together wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
Unless you have all the correct tools and have seen it done at least once I would not attempt. Yes, it's not that difficult if you know what you are doing but the new TRA-V can be a beast to get off the sled the first time and also to remove the governer cup/moveable sheave from the fixed sheave. There are balance marks and green loctite to address also. The clutch spins at close to 8000 rpms. It's not something you want to put back together wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts