Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how a 94 ski doo formula stx 583 rave is in the powder. Also I would like 5o know if risers and straight bars are a good investment. Thanks

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Its not very good in the pow.A paddle track would help a ton.The bars and risers aren't a good investment.

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
Probably not good. As said before, any taller lug paddle track will help...if it will fit, if you want to sink that money into it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That video makes me want my old PRS sleds back , they cornered better than any sled I have ridden since . I rode deep powder with my 1993 Mach 1 and was able to do anything our guides 440 cat long track could do .

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Depends on if ya know how to ride IMO. These guys did pretty good in 1990....skip ahead to 220 if ya don't wanna watch the whole thing, but I think everyone should watch the whole thing, lol puts a smile one face

That Video brings back memories. I miss my 90 MX It had a 16.5" track and that thing loved the powder I never got stuck with that sled. I know theres guys saying the investment in doing mods to your STX isnt worth it but I say Bull. Do a rev seat convert and risers maybe a little widening on the front suspension and you will love it. I did mine for alot less than I would have into buying a Rev and have the reliability of the old iron motors. The mods save your back and legs its well worth it IMHO. pooseatconv 020.jpg

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts