Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Started doing my pre-season tinkering (too rainy to ride the bike this wkend).

Jacked up my sled to grease, check tension etc, and it sure seems that the track rotates stiffer than I'm used to. I bought my 2011 Renegade 1200 near the end of last season, and didn't really have to do much work to it, so I'm just starting to tinker. How hard is it to pull your track thru its rotation by hand? Seems like I have a lot of pressure on my front bogie, and also seems noisy when I run it at 2000 rpms or so. Noise right from that front bogie area.

Always seemed to be able to rotate tracks by hand easier on other sleds of mine, but maybe I'm just getting old!

Also, am I missing some, or are there really only 3 grease fittings under there now?

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Check your wheels, slides, etc. If everything is ok, it's fine (mine is tough too). Yep only 2 or 3 grease fittings. Don't try the grease fitting by the brake disc..it's not a grease fitting

·
Mass Confussion
2,988 Posts
Assuming you had your belt on so that is not a fair test. Take the belt off and try. The single ply tracks are run tighter due to the ballooning effect the have at higher MPH especially with studs. As suggested check all your wheel bearings and is the track centered left to right? you are correct on the grease fittings.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Assuming you had your belt on so that is not a fair test. Take the belt off and try. The single ply tracks are run tighter due to the ballooning effect the have at higher MPH especially with studs. As suggested check all your wheel bearings and is the track centered left to right? you are correct on the grease fittings.
Yep, belt is still on. All bearings were greased at the end of the season, and again today. Bogies all spin free when I take pressure off from track. I ran it to check alignment, and it's right on. Just seemed stiff when I pulled it thru, to cauterize some "track-edge fluff".
My 600 is stored in a buddy's barn, so I couldn't compare today. That's my next step.

Thanks for the replies, the single-ply answer makes the most sense.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Yep, belt is still on. All bearings were greased at the end of the season, and again today. Bogies all spin free when I take pressure off from track. I ran it to check alignment, and it's right on. Just seemed stiff when I pulled it thru, to cauterize some "track-edge fluff".
My 600 is stored in a buddy's barn, so I couldn't compare today. That's my next step.

Thanks for the replies, the single-ply answer makes the most sense.
pull your belt off and check it again, if it gets alot easier your belt may be too tight

1 - 5 of 5 Posts