Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am on the fence wether or not to build this motor. How are they holding up and are you guys impressed with the outcome. I have a lot of the parts already but is it worth taking the plunge or am I better off brooming the idea?

Also if any one is in need of the following let me know:
-C&A pro skiis--yellow
-15x121x1'' take off track
-9 tooth extravert drivers--1 set

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
tman said:
I am on the fence wether or not to build this motor. How are they holding up and are you guys impressed with the outcome. I have a lot of the parts already but is it worth taking the plunge or am I better off brooming the idea?

Also if any one is in need of the following let me know:
-C&A pro skiis--yellow
-15x121x1'' take off track
-9 tooth extravert drivers--1 set
[snapback]305489[/snapback]​
How much do you want for the ski's? I have been looking for a yellow pair.

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
I like mine, It makes great power, mileage is good after getting the jetting right and its reliable.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I only have about 100 miles on mine there's no snow, but I like it a lot. It runs against clutched up 800 hos, and F7s. First engine mod I've ever done and it was pretty easy to do. Needless to say I'm very happy at this point.

·
734 Power
2,600 Posts
I like my 734 alot, quality is excellent and its a strong runner

·
Registered
157 Posts
Still waiting for mine. Not sure weather I will have time to dial clutching and jetting before winter of 05 is just a memory.

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
jds800Rev said:
TT670 said:
I like mine, It makes great power, mileage is good after getting the jetting right and its reliable.
[snapback]305970[/snapback]​
Then why are you riding your wife's sled?

[snapback]307088[/snapback]​
Because the recoil came apart and broke my case, took out the starter cup and flywheel and stator ... its got nothing to do with the 734, its power or reliability. The season sucks, why should I hurry to fix it?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My net has been down, not trying to get this back to the top but... are you guys RK TEK or CUDNEY 734 motor runners.

Are you using a 700 motor or a 600ho motor. Whose head are y'll using?

REV-X Where in MN are you? I'm 20 miles west of Minny so maybe we can meet up. I would love to see this beast in action.

·
734 Power
2,600 Posts
Rk tech is the only one making a 734 to the best of my knowledge. I am located 20 miles west of minneapolis

·
Premium Member
11,990 Posts
REV X and I are both running RKT 734's built off the 600HO, its a iron sleeved kit using 80mm custom sleeves, with the ability to over bore in the event of damage or the need to go bigger, it can go as big as 780 but then you have no room for overbore in the event of a siezure. My personal sled made 138hp and 96 foot lbs of torque @ dynotech using the stock 600HO pipe. The powerband is super wide, the torque is better than an 800HO( way better down low) and its pretty easy to clutch.

·
Registered
0 Posts
TT670 said:
jds800Rev said:
TT670 said:
[snapback]305970[/snapback]​
Then why are you riding your wife's sled?

[snapback]307088[/snapback]​
Because the recoil came apart and broke my case, took out the starter cup and flywheel and stator ... its got nothing to do with the 734, its power or reliability. The season sucks, why should I hurry to fix it?
[snapback]307324[/snapback]​
This season realy does suck!
The only thing left to save it for me is the trip up north at the end of the month, I guess I'll have to do all my good riding then. Jami loves her new sled and this weather is "edit for bad language" her off so she's looking forward to our trip also. I also heard a rumor that you may have three aces lined up for your sled

1 - 12 of 12 Posts