How do you get this off

2K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  sondomondo 
#1 ·
d02e523b5cd2c3bca0525119d68dd3bf.jpg

And yes I've tried prying it's off a skidoo 07 recoil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#6 ·
Throw it all away and save yourself time and frustration. Buy a new complete OEM unit and install that.
Also, if the metal cap that holds the recoil together is missing, you need to find it.
Get a magnet, or vacuum or compressed air in behind the flywheel and blow out any debris. It can bounce around and take out your stator.

#7 ·
Throw it all away and save yourself time and frustration. Buy a new complete OEM unit and install that.
Also, if the metal cap that holds the recoil together is missing, you need to find it.
Get a magnet, or vacuum or compressed air in behind the flywheel and blow out any debris. It can bounce around and take out your stator.
. X2 on this the rebuild kits are garbage infact I'd buy a used recoil before I'd ever rebuild one again .. I think if you could find one out of a 05 - 07 Mach Z they are metal no plastic crap. Rebuilding one is asking for stator issues .. Been there done that ..

#9 ·
And I have the metal cap

#13 ·
That recoil looks beyond saving, that center post is very important. I think the others are correct, just get a new one

#16 ·
Can I just strip everything out of it and just throw the cover on...I got e-start

I don't see why not. And as far as the temp sensor you can just replace it with a resistor if you don't want to spend money on a new one. You can do some searching quickly to find what size resistor to use. Also there is a duramax temp sensor that can be used and some searching should also give you more info on that

#17 ·
You can get a sensor out of duramax for about 20 bucks and it's the same as doos for 200 bucks

#20 ·
#22 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.