Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a way to adjust driven clutch.....belt riding low in clutch...There are three 10mm bolts on cams...Is that the adjustment...And how to do???Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Loosen screws and turn adjustment ring as follows. To lower the belt in drive pulley: Turn adj. ring counterclockwise and tighten the screws. To raise the belt in the drive pulley: turn the ring clockwise and tighten the adj. screws.
Turn the adj ring up one to one notch, tighten the screws, then rotate driven pulley to allow drive belt to settle in the pulley. Check height, if required the adj. ring can be turned up to 1/4 or 1/2 the notch. Check height, repeat as required.

This was taken out of the SKi-doo racing hand book.

Good luck

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mrhenning said:
Loosen screws and turn adjustment ring as follows. To lower the belt in drive pulley: Turn adj. ring counterclockwise and tighten the screws. To raise the belt in the drive pulley: turn the ring clockwise and tighten the adj. screws.
Turn the adj ring up one to one notch, tighten the screws, then rotate driven pulley to allow drive belt to settle in the pulley. Check height, if required the adj. ring can be turned up to 1/4 or 1/2 the notch. Check height, repeat as required.

This was taken out of the SKi-doo racing hand book.

Good luck
[snapback]304092[/snapback]​
Thankyou...thats what i thought just wanted to make sure...What is the best belt height...flush or 1/32 above??Or feel drive clutch for drag???Thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
Belt height should be above clutch after spinning track and allowing it to slow down by itself (no brake).
I set mine up high enough so that the track "walks" by itself when on a stand(after a run up at 1/2 throttle. The track should move 4-5 inches stop, move again, stop, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts