Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
800ho x
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tried doing a search but nothing comes up for deflection .. how can I get my belt to set up higher in the clutch

thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
The nut on the shaft that looks like its clamped down by the allen head bolt. take and loosen the allen head bolt then spin the big nut counter clock wise about a half turn. Then turn the pulley and check the height of the belt. Not sure, but I always set it so the bottom of the lug is matched to outer edge of pulley. Loosening the nut makes the belt sit higher, tightening sits lower. you must spin pulley after each adjustment. hope this helps

·
Registered
404 Posts
If you are referring to the 04 600 SDI in your sig..

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:275869]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:275870]

Reactions: mikieday

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
for belt tension, on mine at least, there are 3x10mm bolts on the outer face of the secondary clutch clamping down onto a ramped ring. Loosen the bolts, turn the ring a bit, retighten. Lift track off ground and start it. There should be just enough tension on the belt to make the track creep without actually spinning free-usually works out to about 1/18-1/16" of belt edge above edge of sheave.

as posted above-while I typed:)

·
Registered
143 Posts
As Renrobb posted set deflection with track off the ground. Raise belt height in secondary until track just barely "creeps" at idle. You will see best performance setting this way. Don't worry about belt actuall measurement height above secondary, as most belts are all a little different. Adjusting the belt as mentioned makes the belt measurement above secondary irelavent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts