Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ITs WINTER!
7,497 Posts
I know these dont account for much but without the beaver you got more tunnel sticking out the back and different skids, cant remember exactly what it was but i thought the sc4 was a bit heavier than the 3....

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Normal tunnel, longer heat exhanger and added plastic parts over the rear of the sled all add weight. The 03 dry weights may have been a little fudged too.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
+ extra coolant in the longer cooler

·
Super Moderator
29,667 Posts
Funny, isn't it.
I just did a year by year comparison, and heres the numbers, straight from the BRP web site. The sled used was a 600X model:

'03 - 454 lbs
'04 - 464 lbs
'05 - 464 lbs
'06 - 474 lbs

And as was mentioned, the '04 info says the new tunnel is "6 lbs lighter", yet the sled is 10 lbs more - hmmm...

·
Registered
8,113 Posts
more like honesty in advertising that all...

the original REV NEVER weighed 454, if you remember correctly that was the year when Cat was making a BIG DEAL about sled weight... and doo wanted to stay close, I think the 03 F7 was advertised as 449 or so... of course it was not that light and actually did get heavier to compensate for problems...

at that time no one knew the REV could stand on its own doo was hedging. if you can't beat'em lie with'em! Yammie advertised the my 02 Viper at 489 LMAO it was closer to 600!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.