Ski-Doo Snowmobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got any suggestions or favorite places to stay in the Houghton area or within about a 30 mile radius?

Thanks Jason

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha that's funny that's where I just now made a reservation because Houghton is all booked everywhere I looked.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Depends you rate of travel how many stops and how long it takes to get thru houghton. That can be a pain getting thru Houghton/Hancock. If you were to leave Gogebic at 9-10 you should easily make Calumet shortly by 1. Calumet is north of Hancock the Trailside will be on your left right off the trail. Last I knew they had a sign on the trail to point you in if you're planning on a weekend they may be booked check the other topics relating to copper harbor trip a guy gave some suggestions on other places to stay in that area. I know there's an Amerihost that's accessible from the trail.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Booked the room. Sounds like 3-4 hours is a good guess and that's good enough for me. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Now down to two locations, Ramada in Houghton or the AmericInn in Calument.

Has anyone statyed at both and which one would you recommend? The small town feel of Calumet has me thinking.

·
Premium Member
8,093 Posts
I have stayed at both. Both nice.

We prefer Calumet. You can make several different rides or loops from there and still make it back at a decent hour.

The same can be said for Houghton as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts